1,026 players / 2,219 plays

The Gravity Machine prototype

Arrow keys to move. Z = lower gravity. C = raise gravity.

The Gravity Machine prototype

Version 1.1.0

by Vincent31415
First published on 23rd October, 2018

The art and audio are just placeholders and will not be used in the final game.

This is a steampunk platformer with a unique mechanic that the whole game is designed around. This mechanic is your ability to raise and lower gravity at will to effect you, your enemies and the environment. Raising gravity causes everything to weigh more and lowering makes everything lighter. You must use this mechanic to defeat enemies and overcome platforming challenges.

I will be updating this prototype and posting about my progress frequently so you may want to subscribe to my Youtube thing and my Twitter thingy.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCuqVBv1nzgC1hfxupeaZEQ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GearAntique
My itch.io page: https://antiquegeargames.itch.io

Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or would just like to talk. (Or you could message me on Twitter.)

Thanks to Noteblock for allowing me to use a couple of his songs for the prototype!

2,219 total plays

1,943 guest plays

1,026 unique players

6 days 5 hours total play time

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Comments

Vincent31415 9.7K rep 1
    Quoted from Loopy86

Nice work!!!

Hey Loopy! Thanks!
    The bagel story is just filler tho. (That would be funny lol)

[quote=Loopy86] Again, an excellent game! I'm very glad that in this game you earn more hearts along the way and have checkpoints here and there so you don't have to completely restart. I also love how this game is based soley on a bagel while its this radical steampunk adventure XD Nice work!!! [/quote] Hey Loopy! Thanks! The bagel story is just filler tho. (That would be funny lol)
    Posted Monday, November 19, 2018 at 1:58 AM.
  • MO SALAAH 8.4K rep 2

People are trying to compete with you?

YOUR GAMES ARE THE BEST ANYWAY!

WHO CAN DISAGREE?

Posted Thursday, November 22, 2018 at 2:50 PM. 3 edits (last edit Thursday, November 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM).
    Vincent31415 9.7K rep 1
    Quoted from MO SALAAH

People are trying to compete with you?

YOUR GAMES ARE THE BEST ANYWAY!

WHO CAN DISAGREE?

I'm glad you think that! Thanks!

They also may have made a bunch of dummy accounts and rated their own game 5/5.

[quote=MO SALAAH] People are trying to compete with you? How did Bee Escape get more than 183 votes in the same hour the game was published? YOUR GAMES ARE THE BEST ANYWAY! WHO CAN DISAGREE? [/quote] I'm glad you think that! Thanks! I didn't really market most of the games I put on here; so Bee Escape may have been marketed very well. The person that made it may have a large social media presence and asked their followers to rate it. They also may have made a bunch of dummy accounts and rated their own game 5/5.
    Posted Thursday, November 22, 2018 at 7:57 PM.
  • MO SALAAH 8.4K rep 1

Yeah true!

Go and look at the comments in Bee Escape.

I think pretend accounts like you said!
    It was just a joke!

Like he said after your comment I like the acting.

I actually was acting!

TRY AND BEAT ME!

I'M FIRST!
    LoOk WhAt I sAiD iN tHe CoMmEnTs!

Yeah true! Go and look at the comments in Bee Escape. I think pretend accounts like you said! It was just a joke! Like he said after your comment I like the acting. I actually was acting! https://www.scirra.com/arcade/racing-games/racegame-26653 TRY AND BEAT ME! I'M FIRST! LoOk WhAt I sAiD iN tHe CoMmEnTs!
    Posted Friday, November 23, 2018 at 9:58 AM. 2 edits (last edit Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 5:27 PM).
    Vincent31415 9.7K rep 1

I made a tutorial thingy with tips on how to get your games to the top games page if anyone is interested! https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9717/getting-your-game-to-the-top-games-page-scirra-arcade
    Posted Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 8:28 PM.

• CJK's avatar