Good news! We've just launched the new Scirra Arcade Beta. This new version of the arcade offers significant improvements on the old arcade, and has lots of great new features!
So, what's better about the new arcade?
- ALL third party plugins and behaviours are allowed!
- ALL game sizes allowed, no more max widths!
- Up to 50MB game sizes allowed!
- Attach Capx files up to 50MB in size!
- New game manager to manage your games in one central location
- Detailed statistics for games
- Vastly improved embedding support
- Full screen support
- Ability to report games easily
- Add games to your favourites
- Earn trophies for your games
- Ability to take screenshots of games and share them
- Significantly faster page load times (50x faster!)
- Far more stable
- Much easier to understand upload process
There's still a lot more features that need adding (comments, leaderboards, achievements, search etc) but they are coming and please do bear with us and remember the new arcade is in beta mode at the moment.
This Twitter account will post all new games, updates and trophies as and when they happen!
Some of our favourites
Here's a few of our favourite games that have been uploaded into the new arcade so far:
How do I upload my games?
You need to download and install Construct 2 r204.2 or later. Simply select "Scirra Arcade" as the export option. Then visit the game upload page.
What about my old games?
Your old games are safe, and will be accessible in a couple of weeks from a special URL (still got a couple of issues to solve). Don't worry, nothing is lost! Once they are available via the special URL and ample time has passed (~4 weeks) we will be permanently deleting the old arcade inlcuding all the games that were uploaded.
I found a bug/have a suggestion
Great :) Please post all bugs, comments and suggestions in this forum thread. Also, thank you everyone for your patience in getting this arcade out. I realise that it was (significantly) later than was expected! It has however now landed and I hope you all enjoy using it.