Update 29 Nov: there were previously issues with the 32-bit version. This should now be resolved and the download has been updated. Re-download and reinstall if you have been affected by any issues with starting up Construct 2.
Stable update r152 is a significant feature, compatibility and stability update from r146 covering a total of 108 changes. It introduces support for tilemap based games which can be edited from the layout view using the new Tilemap plugin and Tilemap Bar. There is also new support for exporting Windows 8.1 apps, compatibility improvements for Internet Explorer 11 and Tizen, support for multiplatform high-DPI displays, a new default UI theme based on Office 2010, on-by-default autosave, stability improvements, and many other bug fixes.
For the full details of changes since r146, see the intervening build changelogs. In summary this includes:
- r147 (17 changes): support for Windows 8.1 apps; fixes for IE11
- r148 (17 changes): new default UI theme; multiplatform high-DPI display support
- r149 (21 changes): first release of Tilemap support; autosave feature added
- r150 (22 changes): tilemap support improvements and bug fixes
- r151 (17 changes): tilemap collision polygons and rotated/flipped tiles; save and load individual instances
- r151.2 (6 changes): bug fixes
There are further changes in this release (r152) that are detailed in the changelog below.
If the download is going slowly or is problematic, try the Alternative Torrent Download link beneath the Download button.
We strongly recommend all users update to this stable release to take advantage of new features and avoid running in to bugs or compatibility issues we've already fixed. We'll shortly be getting back to our beta releases cycle; if you'd like to try updates and new features sooner and help test them, you can also update to our public beta releases. You can opt-in to beta updates from Preferences, or follow beta release announcements on our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ pages.