Stable update r158 is a significant feature, stability and performance update from r152 covering a total of 69 changes. It introduces a number of performance improvements including a new asm.js-powered physics option, a new IAP plugin, a new Android exporter based on Crosswalk, and many other improvements and bug fixes.
For the full details of changes since r152, see the intervening build changelogs. In summary, this includes:
- r153 (10 changes): asm.js physics; low-res fullscreen scaling mode
- r154 (13 changes): new IAP plugin; bug fixes
- r155 (11 changes): new Crosswalk exporter for Android; collision performance optimisations
- r156 (15 changes): Crosswalk improvements
- r157 (13 changes): speech synthesis; more bug fixes
There are further changes in this release (r158) that are detailed in the changelog below.
Please note the following breaking change since r152:
- Breaking change: The Sprite object 'AnimationSpeed' expression always used to return a positive value. For consistency with the 'Set animation speed' action, it now returns a negative value when the animation is playing backwards, e.g. with ping-pong animations.
Since r152 a number of blog posts have been published covering the new features and improvements now included in r158. These include:
If the download is going slowly or is problematic, try the Alternative Torrent Download link beneath the Download button.
We strongly recommend all users update to this stable release to take advantage of new features and avoid running in to bugs or compatibility issues we've already fixed. We'll shortly be getting back to our beta releases cycle; if you'd like to try updates and new features sooner and help test them, you can also update to our public beta releases. You can opt-in to beta updates from Preferences, or follow beta release announcements on our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ pages.