Stable update r206 adds new features, fixes bugs and improves performance, covering a total of 52 changes. Notable changes include:
- The Scirra Arcade is back! This is the first stable release with support for exporting to the new Scirra Arcade. The Arcade is still in beta, but should be working well already and we hope to keep improving it.
- There is a new Local Storage plugin to replace the older WebStorage. More details about what's new are in the r202 release notes.
- The Multiplayer object has been updated to be compatible with the latest versions of Firefox.
- There have been several bug fixes to the Audio object and asm.js physics.
- Construct 2 games in Chrome for Android can now show web app install banners if served over HTTPS. For more information see the r201 release notes.
- Breaking change: the operator precedence between power (^) and unary minus (as in -x) has been changed to be consistent with the BODMAS order of operations. For more information see the r202 release notes.
For full details of the changes in this stable release see the intervening release notes:
- r201 (8 changes): support for web app install banners; bug fixes
- r202 (15 changes): new Local Storage plugin; bug fixes; WebGL performance tweak
- r203 (8 changes): Local Storage improvements; bug fixes
- r204 (4 changes) and r204.2 (3 changes): support for the new Scirra Arcade; bug fixes; performance improvements
- r205 (12 changes) and r205.2 (2 changes): new rendererDetail system expression; 'Set layer force own texture' action; more bug fixes
If the download is going slowly or is unreliable on your connection, try the Alternative Torrent Download link beneath the Download button.
We strongly recommend all users update to this stable release to take advantage of new features and avoid running in to bugs or compatibility issues we've already fixed. If you'd like to try updates and new features sooner and help test them, you can also update to our public beta releases. You can opt-in to beta updates from Preferences, or follow beta release announcements on our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ pages.