Stable update r212.2 simply fixes two bugs that were present in the original r212 release. We recommend updating to ensure these issues do not affect you. Since many users will be updating directly from r206 or older, the original r212 release notes are included below, with the addition of the two new bug fixes.
This stable update adds new features, fixes bugs and improves compatibility with the new Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10. Since r206 there have been a total of 59 changes (including this release). Notable changes include:
- New ability to export Windows 10 Universal apps
- A new Scirra Arcade plugin that can submit hi-scores to leaderboards on the new Scirra Arcade
- The ability to hold shift and drag the right mouse button over a tilemap to select a patch of tiles
- A new "Construct 2 Splash" loader style (note this is required in the Free Edition, although loader layouts can still be used)
- Ability to preview with Edge in the 'Preview browser' list (requires Windows 10+)
- Improved compatibility with Microsoft Edge, including improved XML support, new User Media support, improved Video compatibility, and improved Debugger compatibility
- Fixed a bug that could stop preview mode working on Windows XP
- Fixed a bug that could cause choppy video playback in the latest Google Chrome releases
For full details of all the changes in this stable release since r206 see the intervening release notes (as well as the changes below made for this build):
- r207 (9 changes): new Scirra Arcade plugin; some trigger changes; bug fixes
- r208 (8 changes): shift+right click for Tilemap patch selection; bug fixes
- r209 (9 changes): export Windows 10 apps; Construct 2 Splash loader style
- r210 (14 changes): new Edge preview browser; 'Set minimum framerate' action; loader layouts work in preview mode; bug fixes
- r211 (13 changes): XP preview server fix; fixed choppy video playback in Chrome; more bug fixes
- r212 (4 changes): bug fixes and tweaks
If the download is going slowly or is unreliable on your connection, try the Alternative Torrent Download link beneath the Download button.
We strongly recommend all users update to this stable release to take advantage of new features and avoid running in to bugs or compatibility issues we've already fixed. If you'd like to try updates and new features sooner and help test them, you can also update to our public beta releases. You can opt-in to beta updates from Preferences, or follow beta release announcements on our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ pages, or by subscribing to email notifications in your profile settings.