Stable update r227 brings important bug fixes and significant feature changes and updates. Notable updates include:
- Beta support for UWP apps on Xbox One!
- An updated certificate for the installer, which should avoid security warnings in some cases
- Multiple fixes for issues in Safari on iOS
- New WKWebView support for Cordova iOS apps, which significantly improves performance (which was also later updated to reduce memory usage and add video support)
- Audio scheduling, which makes sample-accurate playback possible
- Support for a new project format for the latest version of the Intel XDK, but note this is still being worked on by Intel.
Note some of the latest Cordova updates (such as WKWebView) require Cordova 6.0+ on PhoneGap Build. If you have problems building on PhoneGap Build, try explicitly specifying Cordova 6.0 by adding this line to your config.xml file: <preference name="phonegap-version" value="cli-6.0.0" /> (This should at some point become the new default.)
We are also regularly updating NW.js at scirra.com/nwjs.
For full details of what's new since r221, see the intervening release notes:
- r222 (10 changes): new code signing certificate; bug fixes
- r223 (9 changes): canvas recording updates; bug fixes
- r224 (7 changes): WKWebView support for iOS; Cordova export updates
- r225 (14 changes): audio scheduling; WKWebView updates; more Cordova updates
- r226 (4 changes): new Intel XDK project format updates
- r227 (this release, 3 changes): updates for Xbox One support; another Safari fix
If the download is going slowly or is unreliable on your connection, try the Alternative Torrent Download link beneath the Download button.
We strongly recommend all users update to this stable release to take advantage of new features and avoid running in to bugs or compatibility issues we've already fixed. If you'd like to try updates and new features sooner and help test them, you can also update to our public beta releases. You can opt-in to beta updates from Preferences, or follow beta release announcements on our Facebook or Twitter accounts, or by subscribing to email notifications in your profile settings.
We'd love it if you could show your appreciation of it by retweeting and sharing it on Facebook and Twitter!