Stable update r233 is mainly a maintenance update with some important bug fixes, but includes a few new updates as well. Notable changes include:
- New System 'Sort Z order' action to order according to instance variable
- Significantly improved editor compatibility with high-DPI displays
- The "Windows 8" plugin is now named "Windows Store" and should work better on Windows 10
- Cordova iOS WKWebView mode should be more robust and is now default for new users
- User Media now preserves camera aspect ratio and fixed device selection
We are also regularly updating NW.js at scirra.com/nwjs.
For full details of what's new since r227, see the intervening release notes:
- r228 (14 changes): UWP updates; User Media fixes
- r229 (8 changes): new 'Sort Z order' action; better editor high-DPI support
- r230 (9 changes): bug fixes; more high-DPI improvements
- r231 (6 changes): bug fixes
- r232 (8 changes): more bug fixes
- r233 (this release, 2 changes): two more bug fixes
If the download is going slowly or is unreliable on your connection, try the Alternative Torrent Download link beneath the Download button.
We strongly recommend all users update to this stable release to take advantage of new features and avoid running in to bugs or compatibility issues we've already fixed. If you'd like to try updates and new features sooner and help test them, you can also update to our public beta releases. You can opt-in to beta updates from Preferences, or follow beta release announcements on our Facebook or Twitter accounts, or by subscribing to email notifications in your profile settings.
We'd love it if you could show your appreciation of it by retweeting and sharing it on Facebook and Twitter!