Stable update is a maintenance update with some significant changes and bug fixes. Notable changes include:
- New offline support based on Service Workers instead of Appcache (see the r235 release notes for more information)
- More compatibility fixes for Cordova, Intel XDK and iOS WKWebView
- Removed use of some deprecated features and cleaned up some warnings
Some users should re-publish their projects
Please note that users using either of these features should republish their projects with this release or newer, due to important bug fixes:
- iOS Cordova apps using UIWebView (i.e. exported with "Use WKWebView" disabled) were broken due to a change in iOS 10. You must republish these apps with r237 or newer otherwise your app will remain broken on iOS 10. Note WKWebView apps are not affected.
- Projects using positioned sound (the Audio plugin feature where sounds are panned according to their location to the listener) should be republished with this version or newer to avoid breaking in future. Browsers are removing some positioned sound features and old projects will be broken when this happens. With r238 or newer we've removed the associated code so projects using positioned sound can continue to work.
For full details of all changes since r233, see the intervening release notes:
- r234 (5 changes): change User Media camera resolution; bug fixes
- r235 (4 changes): new offline support using Service Workers
- r236 (8 changes): various bug fixes
- r237 (10 changes): Cordova export updates; removed graphics driver updater utility; WKWebView fixes
- r238 (7 changes): more Cordova/Intel XDK updates
As usual we are also regularly updating NW.js at scirra.com/nwjs, and are currently up to v0.18.1.
If the download is going slowly or is unreliable on your connection, try the Alternative Torrent Download link beneath the Download button.
We strongly recommend all users update to this stable release to take advantage of new features and avoid running in to bugs or compatibility issues we've already fixed. If you'd like to try updates and new features sooner and help test them, you can also update to our public beta releases. You can opt-in to beta updates from Preferences, or follow beta release announcements on our Facebook or Twitter accounts, or by subscribing to email notifications in your profile settings.
We'd love it if you could show your appreciation of it by retweeting and sharing it on Facebook and Twitter!