This is a stable update to incorporate fixes from r256, r257 and r258. As noted previously, we are only maintaining Construct 2 with bug fixes at this point. New features will only be added to Construct 3.
Since r255 the main improvements are:
- Better handling of video and audio autoplay. This includes updates to work around Chrome 66's changes to autoplay policy which can prevent audio playback in old content. If you find your old games are muted in Chrome, export them again with this update and they should play audio correctly once the user has interacted with the page (i.e. a click, touch or key press).
- Support for Xbox Live Achievements. This should allow games on the [email protected] programme to meet the publishing requirements.
In addition to that there are also a range of bug fixes, notably for a crash using savegames with Physics, and ensuring long-press on Android no longer triggers vibration.
A note about Cordova exports
Last year there were some changes around how mobile exports work. We still regularly see questions about this, so to reiterate, in 2018 these are our recommended options for publishing Cordova apps from C2:
- Use C3's mobile app build service to build C2 exports.
- Use a third-party build service like PhoneGap Build.
- Use the Cordova CLI. This is a free manual build tool that works offline. (This option is more appropriate for advanced users.)