'Bernie Needs Love', and I need some help

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello everyone!

I have just uploaded my first Construct2 game to Kongregate! It is called 'Bernie Needs Love' and you can play it here:

kongregate.com/games/protomni/bernie-needs-love

I'm quite pleased with what I achieved so far, but I really need some help to solve an extremely annoying bug: once the page is loaded, if the user clicks anywhere outside the game window, the game only starts responding to input if you click exactly on the tiny black border around it. If you just click anywhere else in the game area as you normally would, it just ignores the key presses.

I suspect this might something simple, but I really have no clue as to what is causing this or how to solve it. Any help will be very welcome!

Thanks!

• It loads FOREVER.

• whats up with the loading mate?

Monsters that can kill you in the first seconds of the game are a sign of bad level design.

Make a decent progression:

Star with something for players to learn the game and in time the more the progress through the game, the things get more challenging.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

The preloader is there so that the sfx files and both audio tracks can be played as soon as the game starts, with no further loading during gameplay, that's all. It really shouldn't take more than a 40 seconds or so with a normal connection, and it only happens if the game is not already loaded from a previous play session. Either way, if you have any idea to make the preloading faster, please let me know.

As for the difficulty and the level design, Iwgames, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I respectfully disagree. One thing is to put the player in impossible situations with no warning whatsoever; another thing is to design a difficult game (with infinite lives, mind you). Perhaps if you give the game a chance and play it through at least up to the third stage, you might see that things do progress from easier to more difficult, and that every enemy and feature is introduced in a simpler situation before things get actually hard.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)