'Cannot find object texture file' Tiled background

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Link to .capx file (required!):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42313097/Project%20Boss%20Man%20V2.capx

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open File

Observed result:

File is unable to open because I renamed a tiled background.

Expected result:

File will not open

Browsers affected:
Chrome: yes/no
Firefox: yes/no
Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64-bit

Construct 2 version:
    r119

Every time I name my tiled background, the saved file won't open. It always says "Cannot find object texture file 'Grid.png' in the project texture folder"

"Grid" is what I named my background. However, I'm able to open an identical file just fine, except in this case I left the tiled background as its default name.

I've seen similar posts to this in the search, though not specifically about backgrounds, so I figured it may be a bug.

Thanks!

EDIT: One thing I'd like to add is that when I save it as a project file and rename the tiled background, it opens up fine. I'm unsure if that helps verify what's going on, but figured I should add anything extra that I find out.Jim152013-02-26 23:35:55
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Can you post steps to reproduce this from a new project? I can rename tiled backgrounds just fine and this never happens.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:11 pm

This is happening to me too. It happens eventually on every single program I make. Even if I make no changes to the tiledbackground.png file
B

Post » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:37 am

The stickied top post for this Bugs closed section says "Please do not reply to posts in this forum ".

If you are experiencing the same or a similar issue, please post a new bug report following all the guidelines, i.e. a minimum sized .capx with exact steps to reproduce. That way others can try and verify your findings also.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs