1 hit attack

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:24 pm

OUT OF SIGHT!!

Thank you very man this is awesome!!! I finally get it now! Man, and it's just that simple huh?

I do have a few questions regarding this .cap file. 1. I notice when you attack the player lunges slightly forward with his attack. Where about in the events can you edit that? Cuz I don't see it... or maybe I'm over looking it Or need new glasses

2. How did you issue the "A" key as the attack without using any events for the key?... Probably looking over that too. Maybe because I am excite with this out come. I guess it doesn't help that I am fairly new to Construct as well.

Anyways...

Thank you again!!!
B
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Ok, there are sub events tucked away, that is where the A key attack is set, and also where the lunge is being set, click on the little plus in the top left corner of the events to see the sub events.

Event 42 is the key down. The lunge is in the sub event of 42.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:23 am

Uh-huh!

Ah, yes I see, I see Okay that answers that.

Well, Again thanks many for your help!
B
G

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:35 am

Oh! Oh! One last thing Bud! When the Player jumps and attacks, while pressing or holding right or left in the air, He just falls straight down during the animation attack.

I know it has to do with something with the "Ignore Player Input" event is there a way around that? Where he is not falling down if he trying to attack a flying enemy, Boss character, etc?
B
G

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:05 am

Right click on the "ignore Player Input" and toggle it off to see if that gives you the sort of movement you are after.

Ignoring the player input is not a necessary component, just a visual flare, see if it plays the way you want without it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:05 am

Ah yes Indeed! I also make some slight changes. I made an extra "On key A pressed" underneath the original.

for the original I made a if "maskplayer" is "jumping or falling" toggle "start ignoring user input".

On the new :On key A pressed" if "maksplayer" is on the ground "start ignoring user input".

Therefore, when player is in the air he won't fall straight down. But gives him a bit momentum in the air, amusing you are hold the left or right keys. On the ground he is not mobile while attacking even when holding left or right during attacking.

This is what originally aiming for.

Again, Thank you sooooooooo much for the .cap edit and sharing your knowledge of Construct!
B
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic