103 bug (103.2 too) disapearing sprites.

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:55 am

I'm almost never having this problem anymore. I use to have nearly 2000 objects in my layout, and I reduced to around 800, which seems to have solved it. I'm pretty sure it is a workload issue on the renderer.

However, this problem, as we've all stated, wasn't present before 103.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:04 am

Im not so sure the number of objects has much to do with it. I see it happen when there are only a few guys spawned, and I see it more often when there are many, but I think that might just have to do with the fact that the odds are higher with a higher number of objects.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 am

I know i'm just guessing here, but I noticed it triggered a lot often when there was a lot of collision calculations. Some times you could make an object disappear just by standing on it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:54 am

It's just a tough bug to pinpoint. Just as an additional note, when my monsters disappear, they are not physics objects or anything.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:50 am

Hi Ashley,
Please don't close this thread. I also notice an odd flickering of a sprite since build 103. A lot of us can only use Construct2 on our free time so sometimes it can take a while for a user to be able to create a simplified project file which demonstrates a bug. Keeping this post alive lets us discuss the bug and hopefully we can figure out the exact conditions to reproduce it.

I suggest instead of closing threads like this, just remind us until the bug is reproducible you can't do much about it and leave it to us to report to you when we finally figure out how to reproduce it or at least have a simple project file which sows the bug.

-Mike
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:13 pm

I also wanted to point out, when I say they disappear, they are actually just invisible, not gone. So if a monster spawns, I can't see it but its there. If I run into where it is, I take damage, and it does what its supposed to do, just its graphic is gone.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:44 pm

@supergodjesus - your project uses the third party Clay.io plugin. Can you remove it and repost the .capx so we can verify third party plugins are not the cause? Also, can you give me some guidance about when the problem occurs in the .capx and the steps to reproduce it, if it does not occur immediately?

Any information about whether the problem occurs in a range of different browsers, and with WebGL enabled or disabled, would be helpful. Please also watch out for any browser console error messages and be sure to report those too.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Oops, my apologies, I forgot I had that in there. Here is the reposted capx:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13425402/ZombieTest.capx

Though, I had this issue before I put the clay.io plugin in as well (which was after the upgrade to 103).

As for guidance as to when the problem occurs... Well, that is very difficult to say. I have had it happen almost immediately (I would be moving along and I would start taking damage, so I shoot the empty space and viola, it was actually an invisible monster), and other times it doesn't happen until later into the game. I wish I could be more specific, but it just pops up randomly.

All of my occurrances have been in Google Chrome as I do not have I.E. or Firefox to test. Hopefully someone else can add some additional information. I do believe WebGL is enabled, and there are no console errors that I have seen.supergodjesus2012-09-18 19:00:12
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm

@supergodjesus - can you try installing Firefox and IE9, and try changing the WebGL setting to off, to get more information about whether or not these settings affect the bug?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 am

The game runs horribly in Internet Explorer - super laggy, so I will have to do some tweaking to figure out if the bug happens there. Yet to try Fire Fox.

However, I did notice something else. While just standing and waiting for zombies to come to me, once in awhile if I shot one and it died, all of the zombies on screen would disappear. Not just turn invisible, but actually just vanish like they were removed from the game. I've been able to reproduce this multiple times, though there is no 100% consistent way to do so.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs