103 bug (103.2 too) disapearing sprites.

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:22 pm

@ramones - OK, so it looks like another issue with 'on created' and 'on destroyed' - can anyone else confirm that removing these triggers from their projects fixes them?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 pm

@ramones OMG I love you!! :D!!!!

@ashley, I will try right away!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:31 pm

@ramones - I've fixed the issue with your .capx for the next build, it was indeed a problem with 'On create'. If the other affected projects have the same problem, it should be fixed in r105.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm so happy! in fact removing all the "on created" actually fixed my project!!! :D!!!!

and lol, in ramones capx you disable either the "bullet; spawn explosion" or the "explosion; on created event", and the sprites don't disappear anymore. it seems you need both lines to trigger the problem... or when the "bullet" only hits one "wall"... interesting.

My game was full of stuff like that. However, with ramones capx in mind, I tried with several combination of disabling lines, and as it turns out, it was enough disabling only 3 (line 10, 11 and 12) to make my game work fine =).
My games is heavily bullet based, and there were several kind of bullets and on collision each spawned one of the 3 kind of explosions. When things were killed too; they exploded with one of the 3 explosions. Lines 10, 11 and 12 were called to action throughout all the game.

Thanks guys, thank you so much =)Sargas2012-09-22 18:10:17
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:12 am

I know this is closed but I have seen this happen with extremely complex enemies and I want to share how I fixed this. If you have sprites that disappear but still are there one thing you can do is make a simplified clone of the object with the exact same animations and then make a for each loop that does a match on the UIDs. Then match the animation and mirroring to the parent UID. This is a good practice anyways as it leaves the underlying object with the gobs of code and the image displayed independent... similar to how you should handle walk... anyways i thought I would share. This issue used to plague me too and now I add a 'married dummy clone' on top and life is good.

This is for anyone who finds this thread and is dying inside trying to fix vanishing complex objects.

Cheers
Dan
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:56 am

Gillis wrote:I know this is closed but I have seen this happen with extremely complex enemies and I want to share how I fixed this. If you have sprites that disappear but still are there one thing you can do is make a simplified clone of the object with the exact same animations and then make a for each loop that does a match on the UIDs. Then match the animation and mirroring to the parent UID. This is a good practice anyways as it leaves the underlying object with the gobs of code and the image displayed independent... similar to how you should handle walk... anyways i thought I would share. This issue used to plague me too and now I add a 'married dummy clone' on top and life is good.

This is for anyone who finds this thread and is dying inside trying to fix vanishing complex objects.

Cheers
Dan

I think you should do a new bug report if you can, it is probably the best that it is corrected rather than doing workarounds
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 pm

I haven't adequately tested to rule out a mistake in code yet. I certainly will submit a bug if one is warranted but I am not 100% sure it's a bug yet. I also need to test on different computers and browsers. Since my project uses pause and loop plugins it will likely not be considered a true bug. I have discovered that if you implement my above listed workaround the overlay 'clone' object disappears when the original disappears UNLESS you make the other 'clone' object on a SEPARATE LAYER (<-This seems to be critical in getting this working)... so there might be something to this but I'm still digging.

Thanks,
Dan
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:44 am

FYI. My issue was a bug in my code where I was creating objects on a hidden layer.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs