[103] unstable?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • 103 is crashing frequently now, more so than any other release unfortunately (every 15 minutes or so, which is the minimum time you can set the autosave)

Anyone else having similar issues, or just me?

It seems to be doing it at random times on fairly simple projects. E.g. once happened when I set the visibility flag on a group of sprites, but I cant reproduce.

If it crashes one more time, ill revert back to 95, but this means Ill have to start all my current projects from scratch unless someone knows how to get a 103 project to open in 95? Im hoping I can modify the capx files as I'm not using any new features. Any one done this?

Thanks.

• I strongly recommend you don't revert to r95 - there were nearly 100 bug fixes between r95 and r103.2, so using r95 will expose you to nearly 100 extra bugs, which surely won't help.

Crashes can be caused by many things and not all of them are our fault - your graphics card driver is a likely suspect, is it up to date?

• Ashley, agreed - ill try harder to reproduce on 103. I have recently updated to the absolute latest drive from nvidia dated 18/8/12 (dd/mm/yy). Its a quadro 2000M certified for photoshop, autocad etc.

The anchor problem in crop mode in 103 is also an issue for us - if that cant be fixed in the next 2 weeks, we will have to revert to launch the games. R99 was very stable, would this be a better fallback?

• Its just crashed again - only lasted 5 minutes.

This time it was when I did "clone object type" 4 times in a row on the same object, on the fourth paste it crashed.

Ive just opened a previous version, tried the same thing again, and doesn't crash (cant reproduce).

• Just crashed again. Had selected 5 sprites with animations, all of which were clones of the first one. I then clicked on set initial invisibility set it to invisible, then it crashed.

Just reopened, tried exactly the same thing again, and it worked - Doh!

• Did you try reinstalling C2, or maybe there's something with your system on pc You are using?

• I haven't heard of any other users reporting such regular crashes. I am thinking it is still likely it is your graphics card driver, especially since you have a relatively unusual variant (CAD-suitable cards are usually low volume with different drivers). And it's still perfectly possible that the latest drivers are buggy. Graphics drivers are generally terrible.

Can you get the DLL/module name causing the crash? It might be in the Windows error logs or need some configuration to get Windows to show you detailed (rather than "friendly") error messages. If the DLL name is the name of your driver, it would prove that the issue is there, and that you need to go complaining to nVidia.

• Just crashed again, this time directly after the computer woke up from sleep. I'm using word, visio, photoshop, eclipse, dreamweaver etc. without issue.

Im a unix/mac guy, how does one get the dll name from a crash?

I see these in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: Construct2.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5051e3db

Faulting module name: Construct2.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5051e3db

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x0000000000252c37

Faulting process id: 0x2564

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd94d3c38921e3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Construct 2\Construct2.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Construct 2\Construct2.exe

Report Id: 740977c7-00cd-11e2-aa7b-f0def169bcca

Faulting application name: Construct2.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5051e3db

Faulting module name: Construct2.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5051e3db

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000221160

Faulting process id: 0x8c4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd94cc5b39826b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Construct 2\Construct2.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Construct 2\Construct2.exe

Report Id: 69b44dae-00c4-11e2-aa7b-f0def169bcca

Any

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm, it would be listed under "Faulting module name", but it blames Construct 2. However awaking from sleep is another point where the graphics driver has to recover, so crashing at that point is very likely a driver issue again. Perhaps watch several crash reports and see what the "Faulting module name" is for all of them - are there ever any different names there?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)