[128] Pathfinding gets buggy when playing music

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Link to .capx file (required!):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ui8ypjmlyq968qf/path%20bug%20for%20submission.capx

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start preview on layout 'start'
2. Travel between layouts by moving onto the blue squares ('transitions')
3. Explore the layouts

Observed result:
On the starting layout there is no problem at all (regardless of which layout it is). However, when you transfer to a new layout while playing, you'll find certain sections, particularly those with narrow passes, get buggy with pathfinding. You have to click several times or click somewhere else and re-approach the pass from a different angle.

This only happens when music is playing. If you toggle the play music event off, it will all run as normal.

Expected result:
Pathfinding to work like normal

Browsers affected:
Chrome: yes
Firefox: yes
Internet Explorer: No (this glitch does not occur with IE, but another one does when you enter layout 'inside', where all the images go weird and cover up the screen - but that's a whole other issue I guess)

Operating system & service pack:
Windows 8 and don't know

Construct 2 version:
128 (was the same on 127)    
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Very strange, music ought to have no effect at all on pathfinding!

I can't reproduce the problem in Firefox, only Chrome, but you said you could reproduce in Firefox. Are you sure about that?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah I'm 100% on firefox. Actually I should note that in firefox it will have the issue even on the starting layout, where that always seems to be fine in chrome. I just tested them again in 128.2.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:06 am

I just played my music files as sounds instead. Now seems to work (at the moment). In Chrome.
B
S

Return to Closed bugs