2 exporting suggestions

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • I have 2 exporting suggestions:

1. Remember export path

It would great if "Export files to:" field remembered last exported path.

Now every time I close C2 and reopen my project I have to type/paste the path all over again.

2. Select patforms for NW export

Now every time C2 exports NW project, it makes files for all available platforms (Linux32/64bit, MacOS 32/64bit and Windows 32/64bit). For larger projects it takes time for all platforms to get exported. After all I still have to delete unwanted folders (eg. if I'm making only for Win32).

It would be great if in NW exporting options there were 6 checkboxes that lets select to what platforms project should be exported.

• 1. Yes please! I just never want to export anything to my desktop.

2. Again, yes please! I know it doesn't take long to create the folder structure, but then having to delete it all is an irritation.

• Agree'd on both, it is yet another thing in C2 that is "so close to being simply convenient but kinda feels short" and those changes would be a great start.

Would also add that it would be nice to have a similar export method option to crosswalk (I think crosswalk is actually possible to build with some command lines, so incorporating it to C2 could make the export process just a one click export, sure cordova is useful as an export method, but if we had an option "create directly a crosswalk powered apk file", it would make it less tendious).

Might be related to my suggestion : https://github.com/crosswalk-project/cr ... ne-Options

• Yes, that is how it should be from the start. I really hope that scirra knows by now that what developper really need is not only good idea for a workflow but also a convinient and smart way to trim the fat and make everything as convininet yet versatile as possible, that simple stuf is there from the start, and those are my hopes for c3. /not a rant

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. Definitely! And to remember for each project separately.

• i would like to add another sugestion here, a checkbox for "only export code" or "dont export assets"

my current workflow is like: export the game, compress exported assets with kraken.io, build apk with XDK, find a bug, save the compressed assets, fix bug, export again, copy the saved assets over to the export folder and this is the "easy" way for when i remembered to save the asset files, if i dont remeber, what happens often in hectic, its a bit more work ^^

• really great ideas here

+1

• I agree, +1

• up

maybe Ashley didnt see this topic yet, i think these suggestions should be easy to implement and make workflow much better!

• 1. You can set this in preferences.

2. This would not speed up export much. It exports the project once, then adds 6 wrappers around it (win/osx/linux 32/64), which amounts to copying a few files. The slow work is in exporting the project.

• Ashley

A drop down menu for "Export files to" with locations you previously exported to would be really nice. I found myself (probably others as well) constantly switching between few locations I'm exporting to (XDK project and dropbox in my case - both for different project versions) and every time I need to specify where I want to export it.

Would be really nice if i could just select a previous path from dropdown and change few last letters to export a new version.

2. This would not speed up export much. It exports the project once, then adds 6 wrappers around it (win/osx/linux 32/64), which amounts to copying a few files. The slow work is in exporting the project.

but what about exporting without assets?

• 1. Thanks, I didn't know

2. But i still have to delete those unnsecesary files. Wouldn't this be a problem to implement in C2?

You can just set a default path. But it would be great to have a different one for each project: for example, the projects I want to export for Intel XDK, I want to export them to *projectname*/www/. But the ones I don't want to build with XDK, I want to set a different path, for example to Desktop or NAS etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)