2 exporting suggestions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:32 pm

@Ashley

A drop down menu for "Export files to" with locations you previously exported to would be really nice. I found myself (probably others as well) constantly switching between few locations I'm exporting to (XDK project and dropbox in my case - both for different project versions) and every time I need to specify where I want to export it.

Would be really nice if i could just select a previous path from dropdown and change few last letters to export a new version.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Ashley wrote:1. You can set this in preferences.
2. This would not speed up export much. It exports the project once, then adds 6 wrappers around it (win/osx/linux 32/64), which amounts to copying a few files. The slow work is in exporting the project.

but what about exporting without assets?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:12 am

1. Thanks, I didn't know :)
2. But i still have to delete those unnsecesary files. Wouldn't this be a problem to implement in C2?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Ashley wrote:1. You can set this in preferences.

You can just set a default path. But it would be great to have a different one for each project: for example, the projects I want to export for Intel XDK, I want to export them to *projectname*/www/. But the ones I don't want to build with XDK, I want to set a different path, for example to Desktop or NAS etc.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General