2 Player - Square Fighters

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello!

After my first 2D moba I decided to make a small pause of it and try something more classic, thus I wanted to created a Smash bros like fighting game.
I just started with it and try to focus more on mechanics than on graphics, give me feedback or suggest me ideas for new characters/maps! (maps are actually pretty fast to make)

You'll need a second player to play it right now but a KI mode is following soon!

https://kingdanius.itch.io/square-fighters-2-player
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

nice game! the camera zoom in and out is great.

on the next update, you can add some hit reaction when the player get hit.

I know it is hard to make a fighting game, because I am making one, it is called "Rec JP fight" (avaiable to play on scirra arcade).

the worst parts are to code the AI, deal with a lot of animations and moves. everything :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:10 pm

@nemezes
Thank you ^^
there is the "stun" animation already when someone being hit but it's more or less a placeholder, will be better someday.
Soon I want to add an AI, too and I know how difficult a good AI is to code xD (already made one for a 2d MOBA)

I am going to try out your game :)
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:44 pm

one thing that I learnt when making "Rec Jp Fight" is to make all the animations independent of press/touch commands.

I mean, instead of using "when right button pressed, then player walk right and do walk animation to right" you just put: "when right button pressed, then walk right" and in other event you put "if player is walking and platform vector X > 0, then do the walk animation to right". I think it is better, because when coding the AI, you just say to the AI "go right" and the animation will follow the command correctly. so, when I am coding my AI, I just say the AI to do things and I dont worry dealing with the animations.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30 pm

@nemezes

I also got my way after trying some things out and it is actually pretty nice.

First, I have 1 object for each player which I just call "controlls" or smth like that. In the event sheet I code it like that:
While D down -> set controlls "right" to 1
Else -> set controlls "right" to 0

And then if right is equal to 1, simulate movement right

This way I can always change key-bindings pretty fast or add something like touch support and AI behavior without problems.

The "controlls" object is just somewhere out of the window and is not visible ingame.
B
S

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests