Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:31 am

Some condition
---> wait 0 seconds
---> function 1
another condition
---> function 2
----->function 3

Now function 2 & 3 will execute b4 function 1.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 am

99Instances2Go wrote:Some condition
---> wait 0 seconds
---> function 1
another condition
---> function 2
----->function 3

Now function 2 & 3 will execute b4 function 1.

That is because you are using wait... don't use wait, problem solved.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:10 pm

I never use wait (other then zero), you wanted an example and you did sound disparate. So i provide.
Altaught this wait zero is very usefull, but i lost interrest to explain you why.

I lost interrest to explain you how triggers work (would be a good example too), i lost interrest to explain you how timers work (would maybe be even a better example).

I also could have explained you when objects actual are created, when they are pickable, would be an awsome example, but hey .....
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:24 pm

And so many things i forgot, the moment an obstacle map is ready, when a path is ready, when all the load/save modules are ready ...... and so on .....
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:36 pm

@99instances2go

I have no idea what you are rambling on about something unrelated to the OP. Neither do I understand why you posted half of what you posted.

Was there a post deleted that I am not seeing, because your replies make zero sense. There are no references to what you are replying to, or who you are replying too. I don't see how your reply helps OP in any way...

I am rather confused about your post in general.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:55 am

haha guys, ya, I do have some waits under my first condition, because it's an "intro" set of animations that play to sort of show the player the beginning story plot. So it's probably the waits that cause any later empty conditions blocks to just execute in parallel instead of "waiting" for the entire first condition to finish.

It's ok, just have to learn a different way of thinking.
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:32 am

nikolatesla20 wrote:haha guys, ya, I do have some waits under my first condition, because it's an "intro" set of animations that play to sort of show the player the beginning story plot. So it's probably the waits that cause any later empty conditions blocks to just execute in parallel instead of "waiting" for the entire first condition to finish.

It's ok, just have to learn a different way of thinking.

im sure there are more proper ways of doing it then what I will suggest, but you could create animated sequences with timers (global vars, set time, every tick change time, or base it on current time, etc), and ignore the waits. It would have the same result, slightly more work but without the confusion/issues of wait.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Ya, it's probably because wait doesn't act exactly like a "wait here entirely" - its more like "wait here in this chain of events" - allowing other events to continue. I actually thought about what you mention, to instead have a global variable tracking time and react to that.

Thanks all, just have to understand better how things fit together :)
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Should use the timer behaviour. If you want to spend time.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?