[239] Game crashes only when exported and played in NW.js.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Problem Description

The game crashes on a specific moment: when the player collects a new weapon in game. This only happen when the game is exported and played on NW.js.

When the weapon is collected, the camera zoom in, the weapons name appears on screen, the background color inverts, and a "collected" sound is played.

The game works perfectly when played inside Construct (Run Layout mode).

Attach a Capx

tinyurl.com/jhma986 (google drive)

Description of Capx

Open the game and play the game (Run layout). Make sure that the "preview browser" is "NW.js". Move to the right and collect the shotgun (don't have to press any key, just move into it). The player will collect the gun and all animations and sounds will play.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1:
    • Open the game and play the game (Run layout). Make sure that the "preview browser" is "NW.js". Move to the right and collect the shotgun (don't have to press any key, just move into it). The player will collect the gun and all animations and sounds will play. The game will work just fine.

Step 2:

Close "Run Layout" screen.

Step 3:

Export the game for NW.js.

Step 4:

Play the game (I played in win 32) and reproduce step 1 (collect the weapon). The game will crash.

Observed Result

The game crashes when played in exported NW.js.

Expected Result

The game screen will close abruptlly.

Affected Browsers

• NW.js: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 32bits

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Version: 239

• I suggest you attach the capx again without all those custom behaviors. Not many people would google and install them just to check the bug you have. And by the way, I exported with my NWjs yesterday a project several times and it worked. Did you check your NWjs version? It could be old and cause problems with the custom behaviors.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll prepare a new Capx file! Thanks for your advice.

Anyway, I downloaded the newest NWjs version. Now the game doesn't close by itself, however the screen freezes. I clicked on the freezed screen and could be able to hear the new weapon firing.

• Closing as it is almost impossible to fix bugs like this, please see the bug report requirements which are necessary for us to have much hope of fixing the issue. You need to narrow it down to a minimal .capx if possible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)