2d Artist looking for programmer (Notion)

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Hello,

Question:
Are you looking for a programmer to work within the current engines for both those platforms? Or are you looking for someone who can customize the engines?

A thought:
C2 and Unity platforms have very little in common, as far as porting goes. From everything I've learned you'd have to basically re-make the game on either end, from a programming standpoint. I'm sure you could reuse all the media, but programming would have to be re-done. Though depending on the complication of the game, this may not really be that big of an issue.

As someone else asked though: Why not just make it in Unity?

And the reason I ask this is because it seems you are wanting to target more platforms than just Web or Mobile. So if you want to hit up platforms like Wii or Playstation or X-Box (the least expensive for indie development being X-Box), you'd have an additional set of programming for pretty much no reason, other than the desire to work with C2.

And although I love C2, it may not fit your long term goals. Or at the very least create an unwanted development time to get to all your desired platforms.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:17 am

Keep in mind that in unity you will be working in a 3D environment with an orthogonal and/or perspective cameras.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:22 am

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests