2D Blender animation tests

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:56 pm

@newt
just having a go now, but not a clue what I'm doing, maybe I should read up on it first.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:15 am

@mineet
Oh, Inkscape (nice free software) is a vectorial program, so things aren't the same as paint.net, as you works with math/bezier curves, the workflow changes considerably.

The reason i've not mentioned Spriter before is that i thought it's not free at all, but it seems even when in final version, will be there a free version. It's a good way to go, because there is a plugin that loads spriter format on Construct. As for animation, things works much like the Blender tests, but as it's directly made for 2D, will be easier to setup.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:20 am

@frpnit
hi thanks again for the reply
just working with spriter now, I've got so far but want to take a part and move the angle.. just trying to figure it out.. I'm not very quick lol..
there is a tutorial that i watched and thought i had taken it all in but can't remember how to do the angle bit,, I will go back and watch it again
Thanks for this thread frpnit its been really helpful
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:51 pm

@frpnit
@newt
hi been playing around in spriter. Can you tell me if it is possible to save the animation strip in spriter and import the whole of the finished animation to C2. Up to now I have managed to save it but it saves each frame separately in the program I originally took the drawing from ie paint.. and then I have to put each frame back in C2 separately..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:06 am

@mineet: You should probably check Spriter's website and ask questions rather there or on Spriter's thread.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 am

@Kyatric
hi sorry I posted in the wrong place again.. I did a search first and came up with just really old posts.
I've been on here daily, and never noticed the thread you have given me, maybe I didn't type the correct words in the search..
I even went on your thread-[How do I]Frequently asked questions, to find a link (which i couldn't)and not to post in the wrong place..
I posted my question on here because it is already a conversation between the other members and myself about animations, and using software including spriter that another member brought to my attention first.
Thanks for the link, I will be more cautious next time in asking questions.mineet2013-04-02 03:40:27
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:15 am

@mineet I like your enthusiasm :D

When you have the possibility to, I really recommend you learning how to load the skeletal animation on your Construct project, instead of exporting as a animation spritesheet. Because, as someone here told before, it saves memory usage and reduces your game final size, since it uses a lot less bitmaps.

I wish you good luck!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 am

@frpnit
hi thanks for the reply and the good wishes :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:28 am

Spine for 2D animation. I like it much more than Spriter.
B

Previous

Return to Open Topic