2d character creation engine (screens and vids)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:11 pm

This is a "biggy".
Also, how soon till you have a plug, and where does the waiting line start?
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm

[quote="newt":ij662lsd]This is a "biggy".
Also, how soon till you have a plug[/quote:ij662lsd]
at least several months. just because of my dayjob,

[quote:ij662lsd], and where does the waiting line start?[/quote:ij662lsd]
after I release my first game with it. Not only do I want to be able to get my feet firmly into some type of profit off of a game with exclusive tech, so I can escape my mindless dayjob of hatred. Seriously, I would and could make much more cool stuff, commercial and free, if I wasn't trapped there.

I also want to test it for stability and overall awesome perfectness. plus the game'll serve as a demo of what's possible. There's alot of neat stuff planned and half-implemented that will separate this from ubiart and I think all other animators. But it'll be alot more interesting to see than to talk about, so I'll save it for when I have some vids

i do plan for it to be commercial, but well priced, and I'll make sure it's well worth it.
with the editor free to make characters, and save them, and mess around with them and test them, even share them with others who have the editor. but the export to constructable form, and the plugin will be what you pay for
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:10 am

That looks great, wish you good luck with your game.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Lucid, that's awesome! I look forward to being able to use this in the future. Character proportion is my biggest issue with art design!

I'm curious, can the model be rotated on the z axis? Even on the 2D plain, it's nice to be able to make a crouching person's knee look like it's bending towards the player. The lack of this is one of the limiting features I've found with other (and more basic) stick-modeling freeware.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Looks great!

Somepony has a hit on their hands.

[quote="lucid":1ogamigh]...overall awesome perfectness...[/quote:1ogamigh]

When you go pro, don't ever compromise on this :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 pm

[quote="Mulkaccino":1d4645a7]Lucid, that's awesome! I look forward to being able to use this in the future. Character proportion is my biggest issue with art design!

I'm curious, can the model be rotated on the z axis? Even on the 2D plain, it's nice to be able to make a crouching person's knee look like it's bending towards the player. The lack of this is one of the limiting features I've found with other (and more basic) stick-modeling freeware.[/quote:1d4645a7]

Not exactly like that, but one of the features will be to be able to define things like head and limb rotations by actually animating them, either with frames, simple width/height stretching, or distortion, and then use those rotations with controls in the animator as if they were actually 3d movements. So after defining what the rotation will look like, you'll just grab a zrotator, and it will rotate in whatever way you defined.
[quote="flynsk":1d4645a7]Looks great!

Somepony has a hit on their hands.

[quote="lucid":1d4645a7]...overall awesome perfectness...[/quote:1d4645a7]

When you go pro, don't ever compromise on this :P[/quote:1d4645a7]
:)Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 7:26 pm

tiny update for anyone who's interested in the progress.
All major features are working in an at least limited fashion, including procedural animation features hinted at in here, and expounded upon in chat. This is a major milestone, and from here on out, it's just fleshing some of those features out further, and fleshing out the ui so they can be used in the animator beyond just simple unit tests.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Total crap! I mean it's total crap that I wasn't given the gift of maths to create cool shtuff like this! Looking forward to checking this out!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 am

This needs to be included and improved in C2. Want a new animation editor? Here ya go.
Ready to Jumpstart with Construct 2? Check out my website:
https://www.jerementor.com
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I see this man is still making crazy sh*t.

Thumbs up, lucid... :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations