2d character creation engine (screens and vids)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I see this man is still making crazy sh*t.

Thumbs up, lucid... :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:49 am

thanks sol, and others. I still have a ways to go before the next video. I expected much sooner, but when it is ready....well...you'll see...
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:35 pm

We will see indeed. I can't wait to see.... make me see it sooner rather than later. I like seeing stuff. Seeing is good, it's a good thing, to see.

:D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Your animation tool is so cool, I really can't wait to try it out! It's more than what I could imagine is possible ... and now I don't want to settle for anything less, you spoiled me

I can't really imagine what these Animations would look like using your editor

..."actions speak louder than words" or how the saying goes, I started a crowd-funding feature pledge at Fundry

This means you get money from donations once your feature is finished and accepted by the donating people. Everyone let's collect some money for an awesome feature!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:11 pm

I definitely appreciate the love gameforger, but for now the plan is not to release this as either a free or commercial engine, and just use it for my own games until I've established a business that pays my bills. At that point, ill reevaluate things, but for now the most likely scenario seems like free to make characters and things, and levels once that part is done, and save them and share them, but not be able to export them to be used as in game assets in c1 or c2, or export animations to video, without purchasing a license.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Lucid i understand and agree with you. That app you are making is to great to let it for free. If you can make some money on that (no matter how many), do that!
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 pm

[QUOTE=lucid] I definitely appreciate the love gameforger, but for now the plan is not to release this as either a free or commercial engine, and just use it for my own games until I've established a business that pays my bills. At that point, ill reevaluate things, but for now the most likely scenario seems like free to make characters and things, and levels once that part is done, and save them and share them, but not be able to export them to be used as in game assets in c1 or c2, or export animations to video, without purchasing a license. [/QUOTE]

Wait what?
I thought the plan was to make a demo then sell the plug?
I know your ambitious and all, but a one man team making games for profit, is.. counting chickens, blah, blah, blah.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I don't think selling a cc/c2 plug will help me quit my job. The very first time I sell the plug, I forever lose my chance to make the only game that does these types of things. I feel you though, I don't plan on finishing a game any time soon, and I plan on basing the whole thing around my limited time, and making a procedural game that makes a lot of itself. Or maybe an episodic game so I can work on a few levels, and sell that, work on a few more, etc.. I have a few ideas.   I'm keeping options open though. Nothing is set in stone. Also....tech demo might be a tad bit longer than kinda soon. I want to get some patents pending first. The good stuff this engine can do isn't even hinted at in those alpha vids
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:58 pm

when will this release?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 am

thanks for the interest. but for now the answer is "when it's done" , and probably not for at least a year. should have the next tech video by the end of this year tho. it's going to be much closer to the final product, and will be of something made with the editor as opposed to the editor itselflucid2011-08-04 01:51:52
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations