2D Platform Shooter: Aiming while Running

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game character enmy sprite game art
  • Yo! This is my first topic post; so I might to be a little more abrupt than I will be in the future.

As a lot of you I've bothered recently know; I am attempting to make a side-scrolling platform shooter with aiming capabilities; a lot like Metroid. My problem is that, while I aim and run (Up+Right/Left) the running/aiming animation I have made does not play. Instead; it only displays the first frame of the action; making it look like the character is ice-skating. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. This is one of the main things hampering my project.

---------------------

Anyone who wants to see the .cap file can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W8LDTQM7

Thanks for your time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I dled the cap. The problem is that it is constantly trying to switch animation frames while both are playing at the same time. Construct doesn't blend animations at all.

A way to solve this is to have two sprites, one for legs, and one for the upper body. The legs will run on different animations as will the upper body. To have these connected, put the hotspot on the bottom of the upper body sprite and the top of the legs sprite. Then do:

[ul]	[li]>Always (every tick)[/li]
    [/ul]    +Set "player chest" position to object "player legs".[/code:3ssu2w7l]

That should work.
  • Sounds good. I'll try that and get back in a sec.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)