360 controller

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:37 pm

@sxespanky

Gamepad mapped

i think you'll should get what you need from that. ( I actually made that capx originally to test how messed up were the sticks on my controller xD)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:23 pm

@Geometrix - ive done a ton of searches to get this to work, and gamepad stuff that ive seen goes into brief descriptions what each outcome is of statements, i just haven't found the correct text on a thorough description on the gamepad object. after plugging the code into the RIght control stick, and disabling mouse function, it works.
B

Post » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't see how the mouse object would interfere - that's a little odd - but I'm glad it's at least working now.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:41 pm

because one line was Sprite always look at mousex, mousey. so i need to make an actual menu before the game starts up and pick mouse and key or controller. right now the mouse was disabled, so if you wanna try out this so far, be my guest.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113498175/Space%20Bug%20Attack/index.html

~B Resets game
~Right trigger fires
~when dual wielding left trigger fires other weapon.
~killing the larger green enemies spawns more enemies and also drops a weapon upgrade kit after death.

i have more weapons and levels and eventually animating every enemy but for now its all just place holders. ill prolly end up buying the personal version within a few months when i get extra cash in pocket.
B

Post » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Sargas wrote:@sxespanky

Gamepad mapped

i think you'll should get what you need from that. ( I actually made that capx originally to test how messed up were the sticks on my controller xD)

Hello, I was searching around the forums for similar tips and I came upon this topic which more or less summarizes what I am trying to make. Unfortunately the capx link you provided seems to be outdated... could you perhaps provide another?
B

Post » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:16 am

Are attachments no longer available? I was going to upload it to the forums, but there doesn't seem to be a way anymore...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:33 am

I just remembered this topic from some time ago, it might be helpfull to someone:

making-hud-analog-joystick-that-lines-up-with-gamepad_t111060?&hilit=gamepad&start=20
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 04, 2015 1:08 am

I can sure use the help with adding game-pad functionality. I see a link is it still working????
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?