3d game engine

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:47 am

So ... for someone who wants to make a step in 3d game developing ... like me... but doesnt know or doesnt want to code in a programming language is there any simple 3d engines that follow the system of construct with event based coding ? and i mean completely , i am awary that unity has such a thing on a very small scale but i am looking for an engine that you can completely finish a game without any code...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:47 am

Playmaker for Unity

If this is the "small thing" for unity that you were referring to, I think you should look into it again. Anyways, it's your best bet.

Here's a great, simple sculpting tool as well:

Sculptris

P.s. feel free to search the forums briefly before asking simple questions. You would have found this answer even faster doing that.teahousemoon2012-09-29 02:55:20
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:43 am

fantastic
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:59 am

Let me know if you need a hand setting it up, I had some trouble myself.

Also, Nuclear Gear art is looking nice!teahousemoon2012-09-29 04:06:19
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:05 am

If you like the most easy without lot programming
and free

use: 3d Rad

Appear no more updates in the develoment of the program
but also is free for comercial games.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 am

you have Torque 3d (became open source recently):
http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d

you also can use UDK or CryEngineSDK

also i know this crazy, but Yoyogames GameMaker and Scirra Construct Classic can do some 3D games, but again you may ended up with extra effort and tweaking, the final result expected to be simple game and not strong like what unity3D or other 3d engines can offer you in this field, the 3D.prinsukun2012-09-29 11:36:10
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:45 pm

[QUOTE=teahousemoon] Let me know if you need a hand setting it up, I had some trouble myself.

Also, Nuclear Gear art is looking nice![/QUOTE]
thanks ! I actually wanted to change the engine to some 3d one but im not sure , im looking into it, then again steam greenlight is a bit broken for most projects especially those that are in early development stage, many problems.... however if in the end it doesnt work out ill maybe turn it into a book, which means 100+ of drawings like that will be in as part of illustration :D

[QUOTE=prinsukun]
you have Torque 3d (became open source recently):
http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d

you also can use UDK or CryEngineSDK

also i know this crazy, but Yoyogames GameMaker and Scirra Construct Classic can do some 3D games, but again you may ended up with extra effort and tweaking, the final result expected to be simple game and not strong like what unity3D or other 3d engines can offer you in this field, the 3D.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm i tried working on 3d at CClassic but i only saw some ability to insert 3d objects and dynamic shadows but i need more ...
I honestly wanted to make a 2d game however ive given it much though and
i see now that the people no longer enjoy 2d games as in the old times, with that i mean that they consider their time wasted on a game that is 2d when there are 3d games out there so they dont even bother to try 2d games out..worlds changing fastthe marked one2012-09-29 21:45:54
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:51 pm

[QUOTE=the marked one]I honestly wanted to make a 2d game however ive given it much though and
i see now that the people no longer enjoy 2d games as in the old times, with that i mean that they consider their time wasted on a game that is 2d when there are 3d games out there so they dont even bother to try 2d games out..worlds changing fast[/QUOTE]

So..people don't enjoy rayman jungle run, tiny wings, kingdom rush, bastion, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc etc, just to name a few?

And have you seen trine and trine 2? If you don't think outstanding art can be put to outstanding usage in a 2d game, take a look at those.

I think you might be underestimating the potential for 2D. For example, check out Yann's CubeMaze in the Scirra Arcade. It was created without any plugins in C2, so you can do a lot with 2D to tricks you into thinking it's 2D.teahousemoon2012-09-29 22:54:16
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:49 am

@the marked one

That's an interesting take. If you compare 2D games to the more mainstream of the console gaming sector, you may be closer to correct. But when you consider how big mobile games have become, it's hard to argue against the fact that 2D games have returned in a big way. Let's also not forget about hits like Limbo, Braid, a number of 2D Wii games, and of course Little Big Planet (which is probably more 2.5D, but has the same gameplay mechanics you'd see in a 2D game).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:07 am

Trine is actually a 3d game with the camera point set in as a 2d platformer,yes these games are amazing , however most of the new gen physics 2d games at the style of tiny wings ,angry birds and so on are using 3d engines and then render vector graphics so they actually have a mix of 2d art and 3d capabilities on a limited extend.
That is what is bothering me , i love 2d games ,but using 3d engine tecniques is far superior for even making 2d games,
your previous post about unity made me do a nice little research and i found these "add ons" that can be bought in the unity asset store

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/124211-Smooth-Moves-2D-Skeletal-Animation
and demo vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34cBGjCKkgU&feature=player_embedded#!
Similar to BrashMonkeys Spriter(which is a joke seeing their hidden pay to gain access forum and their carnaval of fake advertisements such as bicubic interpolation (smoothen movemnt)which dont work or are supposed to work for those who prepay) or Adobe flash

http://ragespline.com/ 2d vector games on unity

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/110664-Brain-Builder-Make-games-without-writing-code
an event driven coding interface similar to playmaker that you mentioned,

i havent had the time to test them but i will, you see the point im trying to make ?
It's that combining 2d and 3d in a game in a graphic style similar to
intrusion 2 graphics style
here get a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJZAzNKZBew

But i see no help from anywhere, these games seem to magically pop up everyday on steam and other websites and they although their are very interesting technical accomplishments they dont say anything about how they where built like the engine they used or atleast upload a video of the dev days and behind the scene stuff...the marked one2012-09-30 02:59:34
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic