3d Game Make like Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:32 pm

@jojoe are there any tutorials for q3d?
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:05 pm

The only ones i know of are listed on the plugin thread.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:10 pm

shinkan wrote:................

C2 + Q3D yeahh... but sadly no. C2 was not build in any 3d features in mind and because of that it's really a pain to work with it. Bought it, have it, but can't wrap my head around placing objects on the layout (and have no time to build my own 3d editor to use with Q3D). maybe in C3 Q3D will be better supporter, which I really hope it will!

thats because ur used with a 3d viewer editor ... look at C2 + Q3d as a 3d editor with a top view lock ... so i think that will make u understand it better :) its lot easier if the c2 wold had a 3d editor.. so we can see where we place things by drag and drop them as the three.js editor beta that is out.. but that does not depend on Q3d developer but more of if scirra wants to built it in and support the q3d plugin as their own .. but i doubt they will since c2 wasn't meant for 3d stuff, from beginning is meant for 2d games.. and thats it.. but who knows maybe C3 ( ironically even the name features the number 3 that doesn't make it 3d ) will have some sort of 3d engine.. even tho Ashley clearly stated it wont .. and its quite easy to use Q3d not trying to defend it... but as u see my latest posts around forum.. u can see u can achieve pretty cool stuff with it.. like i did... a counter strike 1.6 clone ... working on the multiplayer right now :) along with other projects i have for q3d and 2d stuff i have on table at the moment. in the end always will pop problems.. and i dont think right now on scirra's table the main target is to make q3d a integrated plugin... but more the main focus wold be to integrate native exporters ... even tho again... no1 said nothing about it :) right now c2 has a big chance to go and change its entire system.. or stay the same.. if i wold me... and had it to make whatever from it.. i think id go with my guts.. and the safety way.. sure the 3d engine implementation seems easy when you have a big team behind ur back.. and much more capital but then... compared to other companies sadly scirra is a " small time player " but with a hell of an engine, and more ways to follow... since didn't reached its maximum potential :D .. from what im looking at ... all this stuff... might be possible in the next 3 years maybe.. not now ..

as for 3d with C2 depends on the complexity of your game.. c2 is not meant for 3d games.. and even if u run ur game in windows via nwjs wont run smooth on browser.. since u need a browser nwjs plugin... which doesn't exists.. if u run the q3d game in html5 exporter.. will be laggy as hell ... even the featured demo of q3d is laggy .. and also all dependencies are based on webgl... so its harder to make c2 run as flawlessly as unity let say.

anyway c2+q3d good for small games ex: 3d pinball... offline/online standalone game old halflife like (slower douh), 3d platforms and stuff like that .. as long u know how to limit ur self and not make ur game playable for people that paid 10,000 usd for a gaming rig.. most people are using a quad core 1.5 ghz .. 90% of them play games using tablets. .. see the dilema?

@garyrossiter no for now there is no official tutorials just the ones that people posted.. and the q3d official example capx files that are commented ...

@shinkan dont take it personally i was just showing some points... that most people encounter :) i did too and passed them but i have to agree c2+q3d not a good match in end if u want a full crossplatform game
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:15 pm

shinkan wrote:Unfortunately people forget that you should not build games in UE4 using only the blueprints.

Why is this?

My friends studio uses them exclusively , and he has never run into any issues. He is driving a new sports car thanks to U4E. One of the biggest selling games "Rocket League" is still using the noob templates for some of their multiplayer features, and the controller setups.

My biggest problem with Unreal is the license. Some of my projects will still be using Playmaker+Unity.

@shinkan
Is there some sort of licensing issues for the visual editor on top of the U4E license?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:29 pm

gamecorpstudio wrote:@shinkan dont take it personally i was just showing some points... that most people encounter :) i did too and passed them but i have to agree c2+q3d not a good match in end if u want a full crossplatform game

no worries, not taking it :) Q3D is not an issue here, Quazi put a lot of effort and hard work to make it work, and for a 3d plugin for 2d C2 it is really amazing and wonderful plugin - I've been always saying that there's no argue about that. But like I said C2 is the issue here. working with 3d objects and 3d environment inside of 2d top down space just don't work that well. And to top that this 2d space is inverted (you are looking at the scene from underneath the ground) which makes it even more confusing :)

jojoe wrote:
shinkan wrote:Unfortunately people forget that you should not build games in UE4 using only the blueprints.

Why is this?

My friends studio uses them exclusively , and he has never run into any issues. He is driving a new sports car thanks to U4E. One of the biggest selling games "Rocket League" is still using the noob templates for some of their multiplayer features, and the controller setups.

My biggest problem with Unreal is the license. Some of my projects will still be using Playmaker+Unity.

@shinkan
Is there some sort of licensing issues for the visual editor on top of the U4E license?

Because blueprints are slow. If I remember correctly they are 10 times slower than normal C+
Like I said you can do stuff with blueprints. You can combine blueprints with C+. But doing stuff like inventory, random level generation or any other complex task should be done in C+. And you simply can't make a full game without touching C+ - I'm not talking about flapy bird or similar kind of games.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:23 pm

shinkan wrote:Because blueprints are slow. If I remember correctly they are 10 times slower than normal C+
Like I said you can do stuff with blueprints. You can combine blueprints with C+. But doing stuff like inventory, random level generation or any other complex task should be done in C+. And you simply can't make a full game without touching C+ - I'm not talking about flapy bird or similar kind of games.

That makes sense. It is still a great solution for newbies and for hobbyists vs unity+Playmaker+middleware-$$$-$$$-$$$$-$$$.

With Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004 Editor I learned how to make shaders , Now I use the same knowledge to build them in Unity with shader forge. I use a lot of the UT 2004 concepts when I am making my AI and when designing levels. I never really liked the editor though.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General