3D Proof of Concept

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:58 am

Yeah that was very impressive. I dread the think what maths was involved there!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:29 pm

[quote="deadeye":1isfvgl8][quote="Glamthaus":1isfvgl8]Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. It has somewhat reinvigorated me to continue my work on the project.[/quote:1isfvgl8]

If you don't mind me asking, what's project you have in mind?[/quote:1isfvgl8]
Over the last few years I've been drafting up documents for an action rpg using that sort of 3D isometric angle, but with a movable camera (ala Ragnarok Online, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics). This hasen't been feasible at all with the old clickteam products.

That isn't necessarily what I had in mind here, but I told you that to give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve. This project is about creating the foundations to allow such a game. Making a usable 3D engine with Z Emulated 2D sprites.

There are other things I need to do, beside just creating the base engine (which I would say is only between 30% - 50% done at best), such as a 3D level editor, because laying tiles from a top-down perspective won't ever cut it.

So I guess, by the project, I mean all of that as a whole. Finishing the current 3D engine so that it works to how I would like it, and crafting the necessary tools to make the content side of things doable without losing my sanity, and within a suitable time frame.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:28 pm

Upload, even if un-commented.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 am

[quote="SuperV":33860uif]Upload, even if un-commented.[/quote:33860uif]

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... oncept.cap

Keep in mind that it is just a Proof of Concept, to show that it can be done.

Making a working game/engine from it will still require a good lot of work.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:35 pm

[quote="Glamthaus":14pipdq5][quote="SuperV":14pipdq5]Upload, even if un-commented.[/quote:14pipdq5]

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... oncept.cap

Keep in mind that it is just a Proof of Concept, to show that it can be done.

Making a working game/engine from it will still require a good lot of work.[/quote:14pipdq5]

Wow man that is to much for me, but simply so damn amazing!
B
G

Post » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:53 am

This is kind of an obvious thing to say, but when (not going to use 'if') mesh support is implemented, Construct could be used to make some awesome modern-oldschool games, equivalent to anything on the PSX or N64. I just keep thinking about that as I emulate favourite classics such as Vagrant Story, Ocarina of Time and Chrono Cross on my PC... that the future of Construct makes it all so possible.

For example, while it is possible to study hardcore programming for five years, I would rather practice art production abilitiesand in that time, the tools to piece together something of a demo or small game become more readily available.

The inevitable addition of current-gen shaders, and other extensions whatnot, I think, really pushes Construct's limitations through the roof. Love. Not completely sure about Ashley's plans regarding this, but given continued feature and stability development, if the program ever goes commercial... it will so be worth the money.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 pm

That is pretty awesome, you could create a simple 3d space shooter with that kind of engine, nice one!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:27 pm

My eyes just popped out... IT SIMPLY AMAZING!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:28 am

if construct goes commercial i am sooooo holding on to the oldest free version i have, cause im a poor ass bastard, plz give a free copy to your loyal supporters of the here and now!, were basically the beta testers,reporting and suggesting, thats what makes construct so good, i love the community although small!, i really hope Construct kicks gamemakers ass! stupid thing catches all the google ppls attention and makes itself seems so good when it basically a pos which is harder to use than construct and creates far worse results. construct needs to get seen, and it will. im really happy i found it (through all the hate a TDC i wondered what it was)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:10 am

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":3dpki2zk]if construct goes commercial i am sooooo holding on to the oldest free version i have, cause im a poor ass bastard, plz give a free copy to your loyal supporters of the here and now!, were basically the beta testers,reporting and suggesting, thats what makes construct so good, i love the community although small!, i really hope Construct kicks gamemakers ass! stupid thing catches all the google ppls attention and makes itself seems so good when it basically a pos which is harder to use than construct and creates far worse results. construct needs to get seen, and it will. im really happy i found it (through all the hate a TDC i wondered what it was)[/quote:3dpki2zk]

Construct is never going commercial, which I'm pretty sure has been mentioned before. It's open-source, which means it's free forever.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations