3D rotating box, around all 3 axis

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Like tourists, Travel around the world as fast as you can!
  • Just a little finger-excercise.

http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=66062

It's completely undocumented, for now. Does anyone want to see a tutorial for this?

If so, I really need to clean this up. Each point gets calculated 3 times, the line function is way too complicated since all the math for drawing the box is in there, and I need to clean up all the variables.

• Nice!

I take it you've made something like that before.

So tell us did Construct make it any easier?

• Wow, that is complicated

I think I'll stick to the 3D Box object. My brains don't math too good hurr *drools on self*

• A very long time ago. I dug up some of the math from the internet, and implemented it.

Construct requires a different way of thinking from normal programming languages, and it takes some getting used to.

The lack of a line function posed a bit of a challenge, but otherwise it worked very nicely.

• awesome stuff

just so you know though

you only need one function object

and you make all the functions you want

function call function "x-rot"

you can even use expressions for function names

• Yeah, it's a mess. I cobbles it together just to see if I could, and not to see if I could do it neatly. I really need to restructure it if I'm to tell other people how I did it.

• ive been trying to make 3d polygon rotation for a while now, but i just gave up since i couldnt find the real math for perspective calcuations :L

nice job on this, id love to see .3ds importing like i heard linkman had done a while ago.

i might mod this to add mesh distorted faces! if its alright with you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nifty. I didn't notice when I looked at this earlier that there's actually perspective, something that eluded me when I did this. The method I came up with didn't really support it.

nice job on this, id love to see .3ds importing like i heard linkman had done a while ago.

Mine didn't actually import .3DS files. I used Anim8or to output a vertex file(or something), then I cut all of the unnecessary crap out so I could read the files line by line unhindered.

• shh, make yourself seem awesome

• ive been trying to make 3d polygon rotation for a while now, but i just gave up since i couldnt find the real math for perspective calcuations :L

i might mod this to add mesh distorted faces! if its alright with you

Sure, go ahead, if you can make sense of it.

• you should check out deadeye's example

• Okay, that's the second time you've made that joke... the first time being that I made some kind of vector example as well. Am I missing something?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)