3D with HTML5

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:19 pm

You can even try ... but I think you should model the 3D at some program like UNITY and put textures of your game ...
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 pm

[QUOTE=Excal] I don't want to see Construct 2 move to 3D until 2D games stop being commercially possible, which may be never.

C2 is the best 2D games authoring platform I have worked with to date. If I want to move to 3D, I will use Unity (which is not very good for making 2D games, by the way) or some other engine dedicated to 3D.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this statement. I tried Unity for a few smaller 2d games and it really isn't good at all for that, but Construct is amazing.

I think that Game Maker handles both 2d and 3d though?

Anyhow Construct is now my go to engine for any 2d game related project, I love this thing!
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 pm

[QUOTE=nemo] I always loved how construct classic supported 3D and helped me to create lot of things that aren't possible in c2 right now. For example I used to create noise and depth to my rock materials. I also had some background props created in 3D that could never been created in 2D. I hope that Construct 2 will support 3D in the same way as CC did, only being less buggy.[/QUOTE]
That sounds interesting... I guess there could be some great benefits from certain 3d elements being incorporated without going to full on 3d engine which could be cool.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas