4-Direction Movement problem

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:42 am

Oh, that old thing. I totally forgot about that. I should update that now that the platform movement's been updated. It doesn't work right any more. Glad you found it useful, though.

[quote="Caspis Sinclair":2yiulgrq]Hmmm.

A platformer starring Adolph Hitler... and a fangame. Technically, which is more loathesome? :oops:[/quote:2yiulgrq]

I am a terrible person :(
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:33 am

[quote="deadeye":28j8l8mm]Oh, that old thing. I totally forgot about that. I should update that now that the platform movement's been updated. It doesn't work right any more. Glad you found it useful, though.

[quote="Caspis Sinclair":28j8l8mm]Hmmm.

A platformer starring Adolph Hitler... and a fangame. Technically, which is more loathesome? :oops:[/quote:28j8l8mm]

I am a terrible person :([/quote:28j8l8mm]

No, Deadeye, that platform is epic win.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:45 pm

[quote="Hideous":2g3uieoc]... It's Adolf. Not Adolph.[/quote:2g3uieoc]

Damn. I always get that wrong. Errr, well... its not like I write about him often or anything. I just...

Anyway.

Your suggestion worked, Doppel!

However, I'm wondering if there is a bug in the 8-direction behavior after all.

I kept everything the same but removed the events that tell the sprite which direction to move in and replaced it with the 8-direction behavior (switched it from 8 to 4) and once again the sprite still moves if you press up/down while you are pressing left or right.

I'm going to stick with your method for now, but if it IS indeed a bug that can be fixed then I'll eventually switch back. I prefer it if nothing happens when you press two direction keys rather than halting your movement entirely.

Oh, and I fixed the problem with the Hoe not working properly. She just needed to have her spirit broken.

(On the part where I put inverted controls and had it switch to the standing animation, I originally had the inverted left-shift underneath the direction keys, but that overrode the animation of the Hoe being swung. I moved the inverted shift to the sub-event containing the "trigger once if true" command and it fixed the problem)

Thanks again for your help Doppel! (and Deadeye as well, even if he wasn't aware of it :mrgreen: )

[url:2g3uieoc]http://www.mediafire.com/?bn2iyhzemsj[/url:2g3uieoc] (the .cab)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic