5 Minute Dungeon [playable build]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
12 looping retro style music tracks for your indie games and projects
  • Gameplay:

You start out in a Town hub, here you can buy new weapons and armor. What you equip here will be you starting weapon and helmet.

When you enter the dungeon you get thrown into a random dungeon room, each time you leave a dungeon room you get thrown into a random other room. So each dungeon run will be unique.

Sometimes you will be sent into a treasure room, here you can pay to open a chest for a chance for a nice blessing. These will give you more power/more health/ xx% for more gold etc..

After a few rooms you will be sent in to a boss room, kill the boss for a unique blessing based on the killed boss and a pile of gold.

I aim to make the game endless, but design the game to kill you. So try to make it as far as you can.

Town:

Boss concept:

Playable Build:

I just uploaded a playable build, its the first playable build ever so it's missing a lot. Everything in the shop is free, so you can equip better gear from the start if you think the game is too hard. I added a StarWars inspired helmet and weapon for testing. The helmet gives you infinite health. The sword does 99 damage. Powerups don't work yet. Controls: Arrows keys to move around. Z - Jump. X - Attack/Action

http://www.indiedb.com/games/5-minute-d ... -alpha-100

• wow awesome stuffs!

• goodluck on your game !

• Awww yisssssssssss. Derqs your game looks really cool. Hope you let us play a demo of it soon.

• Wow, very cool concept. I like the art style as well, very consistent.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cool art and concept. Waiting for more

• I Love it

• amazing art!

• Wow thanks everyone!

Today I added a smooth camera and decided to clean the event sheets a bit, group objects etc.

I also want to add some sort of dust when the player walks, but I still need to figure what the best way is to do it.

-The gameplay idea I have is still a bit vague, so if anyone has any suggestion I would love to hear them.

• Looks really great so far, i can't wait to play a demo!

Will this help for the dust thing?

[attachment=0:9flgrwgg][/attachment:9flgrwgg]

• This looks super fun already. I'm jealous of you guys that can pull off such a simple art style with great use of colors and some very well placed pixels.

• This looks like a lot of fun. Love the old school 2D art and mechanics. How did you pull off the smooth camera, if you don't mind me asking?

• Wisdoms

Thankyou! that was exactly what I was looking for

Icarus

Thanks haha, Glad you like it. Have to say Buddy Boy looks really polished too!

Sestenes

I followed this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/626/making-a-smooth-following-camera and tweaked the values to my own liking

Today I added the first trap in the game(It probably needs some chain, because it looks a bit dull right now.)

I also added the dust from the example Wisdom posted.

And I decided to make every dungeon room squared. I got this from playing Rayman Legends last night, when I came across the Amazing Maze level, seen here:

That level is actually exactually where I want to be heading with my game, but ofcourse with my own twist. But as you can see from the vid I copied the first level layout.

• If it's procedurally generated, I can see myself having a lot of fun with this.

• Derqs You're welcome, nice traps you got there, i wonder if it could kill me? probably not haha.. ha, right?

In the gif how did you shake the screen vertically? it's not possible with the ScrollTo behavior to shake a certian direction, and the Shake behavior doesn't work for me.

Good luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)