5 Minute Dungeon [playable build]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks all!

Here are some screenshots from the current shops:

Suggestions on weapons and helmets are welcome, because im running low on inspiration atm
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Some quick and dirty ideas (since you have some anachronistic stuff in there...)
Helmets.png

The game's looking great, btw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Thanks, I really like that 3rd one!

Been working on a boss level, this is just a concept:
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Reminds me a bit of Magicite :) Maybe you can get some inspiration f it.
Working on "EVERBLAST"
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:10 am

@Derqs looking good! I must say, out of the projects I've seen on the forums, yours is starting to look like the one I'm most anticipatory of. : )

If you ever opening up testing I'd love to give it a shot.

Also, suggestion for your first post: place your latest (embedded) screenshot/GIF first, where you have your current one, and "archive" your previous images/GIFs with links below said latest.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:42 pm

I must say that my need for this game is rising fast. :D
There's something about the style that is very alluring, like I just have to play it.
It reminds me of Ainevoltas II by Alastair John Jack, which I spend too many hours to count on.

You're doing such a great job thus far @derqs!
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:50 pm

@Kraudi I actually never looked at that game, despite hearing a lot from it. But it looks amazing. I think I can get a lot of inspiration from the monster design, thanks!

@DatapawWolf Thanks! I really appreciate that. When I have a playable build ready I'll open testing for sure.
I edited the main post a bit, with an updated gameplay description.

@ryanrybot haha thanks!, I actually didn't work on the game last summer and from the end of october till end of january, because I gave up on it. But now with a clear gameplay vision in mind I actually really want to finish it. I took a look at Ainevoltas II, it definitely inspires me to some new ideas, thanks.

Here is a treasure room, when bought these will give you an unique blessing. Think of +attack/+health/xx% more damage/xx% less damage against xx/ xx% more gold drops/ xx% chance of HP regeneration on kill/ enemies have xx% less hp etc.. I can't think of more atm.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:23 pm

@Derqs no prob. :)

Just a suggestion for the spikes: instead of placing all the bones in front of the spikes, maybe add some behind? Or have each spike object dynamically spawn their own bones in a certain position on itself and randomly fore or aft itself?

May be a bit complex for such a small detail, but perhaps if you've some extra time for polish. : )
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 am

Looks pretty good, congrats!

Also, please don't read the following as an attack, but you should try to make this dragon design/animation more original. I was looking at this thread at the office, and everyone around me spotted the Shovel Knight inspiration in a second:
>> http://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarvmXC ... /giphy.gif

Again, the game looks great, and it's not important as you tagged your gif as "concept". Keep up the good work! : )
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Very nice! :)
Bl4ckSh33p-Soft - Custom Software and Indie Games
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests