60 individual sprites or 1 with 60 frames?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 60 cursors. All icons are of a high quality. A good choice for RPG game.
  • Like the topic says, which should I use for an interactive list? The list will be up to 60 items that will be the sprite or animation frame that you will be able to select and do a few things with. Thanks!

• I would go with frames because we have for each "ordered", and object(index).

• Thanks for you reply!

I'm pretty new to construct still so I'm not to sure how to use what you mentioned above, is there any examples or other topics that would show how to use them? or how to display the different frames for copies of a sprite with the 60 frames?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SO you create up your sprite with the 60 frames.

Set the animation speed to 0 and no loop

Now just set the initial frame (sprite property) to the frame you want displayed.

• newt , was you who has a dog gravatar? I'm missing it, was hilarious the dog face!

brentcee23, like czar said, the easiest way is setup an sprite with all the frames you need and them place it on the canvas and set his first animation for what you want. It's a bit useless if you have a barrel with animation and want put more type of sprites inside it, but for static objects, it works great!

Also, you can change them via code, using the action "set animation frame".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)