7DFPS: Western Duels

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 am

And here goes a new update : Day 4 prototype.

I have read and considered your feedback, and (hopefully) answered it for the best.

The game is keeping some consistency and taking shape, I might be able to pull it off.

@UberLou: There is still the mousewheel up, but it requires less effort now, does it feel OK to you ?
I have tried to incorporate the "mouse up" movement, but in the end, it was more troubles than anything (or I did just not find the correct way to implement it according to the prototype).
Let me know your feeling on this current prototype.

Enjoy and don't hesitate to leave some feedback, I greatly appreciate it and thank you all again a lot for it !
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:16 am

Thats cool it was just a suggestion. It feels good, and I like the bell. Makes it tense. Instead of the minigame, if you pull your gun close to when the bell sounds, then maybe it can just say "Perfect Draw" or "Quick Draw" something to let the player know how they're doing. Some other thoughts:

I had trouble figuring out where my shot was going.

Right now you can just hold down the right mouse button to reload. I always like in westerns when they hit the hammer rapidly and shoot, so it would be cool to try and mimic that feeling.

Some small nitpicks - "Shoot the opponent before he does." should probably be something like "Shoot the opponent before he shoots you." Also saying 6 bullets and 5HP doesn't mean a whole lot unless you know how much HP each bullet takes away.

Nice progress though
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Good thinking with the mannequin. I like the fading crosshair too, its definitely coming along!
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Day 5 prototype

Ugly interface in, "randomly" generated enemies, evolution of the stats, managing of the "resources" (like HP and ammo) of the character.

I hope you enjoy, let me know how you feel about the balance/progression/difficulty.

And again, thanks a LOT for the feedback !

@UberLou: There is feedback for how well you did on the draw in the end result (the better draw, the more $ you earn).
Does it feel right ?
The perfect draw also means a faster pull, which definitely gives an advantage.Kyatric2013-08-15 12:34:09

Image Image

Image Image

B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:24 am

Western Duels: Day 6 prototype

Mostly the final version for the challenge (less than 19 hours left, and I'm tired of crunching on this project).

The graphics sucks, but the game design/mechanics I wanted are pretty much in.

This latest version adds sounds, Hall of Fame (highscores), a better balance/progression (hopefully).

Thanks again for all the feedback/comments and having played the game, it means a lot to me.

Image Image

Image Image

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations