8 Bit Runner

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:22 am

Thank you Johnny :-D

I found a way to use this font without having to install the spritefont plugin (there's a tutorial explaining how to do it on the blog).

I created a simple facebook page after someone told me during a developer meetup in Paris today that it's a good way to advertise the game.

http://www.facebook.com/8BitsRunner

I will still post a few updates here on the forum, don't worry :pAlbatr2012-09-07 23:01:58
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 am

I find Facebook more of a means to stay connected with people who already know about your game and show interest. In Facebook, pages get dilluted into a messy solution of undiscoverableness. Wha I mean is that, it works more like a website, it only spread when people share it. Furthermore, Facebook search shows relevant results but give priority to the pages which have larger fan bases.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 pm

It is just additional way to make people talk about the game. I think it is easier to give a facebook link to someone than a forum thread, well, at least it's easier for them to get all of the informations about the game.

As I said before, I will keep posting updates on this forum, and I will put a link to them in the facebook page :-)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 pm

I did a couple more tracks - may not be what you're looking for, but was fun making them. :D

http://soundcloud.com/user990716/sets/8-bit-runner-tracks/JohnnySix2012-09-07 21:38:29
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:55 pm

@Albatr
Awesome game! I feel it's a little too difficult too early on, but I really enjoyed the challenge. After I got comfortable with the controls, I found your game very addicting. Good work on it!

@JohnnySix
You're a talented guy! I like your music. What are your rates? I don't have a need for music right now, but I want to keep you in mind for a future project.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:13 am

No rates, I'd gladly trade music for coder help though. :)

Looking forward to seeing the new levels @Albatr!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Great game! Reminds me of the VVVVVV, a must.

PS: Sorry for the english, I'm Spanish ^^
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 pm

@Lolita haha, VVVVVV is one of the references in terms of graphics and gameplay.

-UPDATE-

A new updated demo version of the game is available.

Unfortunately, I can't release the new "first level" for now, maybe for the next build :-)

Here is a short changelog :

• The new soundtrack was added.
  • Some of the graphics were changed.
  • The new font is now properly displayed ingame.
  • Minor changes to the second level (the leaderboard for this level was reseted because of these changes).
  • Jukebox menu updated.
  • Minor tweaks in the jukebox system (you shouldn't see any change as a player).

There is still no tutorial for now, because it is still a test version, so here is a list of the controls :

Ingame

Left/Right Arrows : Move
Up Arrow/Space : Jump/Wall-jump
Down Arrow : Slide on the ground
Ctrl : Go back to the last checkpoint (counts as a death, doesn't resets the timer)
R : Restart the level (resets timer and deaths)

In the menus

Up/Down Arrows : Move the cursor
Space/Enter : OK
Escape : Back

Any feedback and bug report will be very useful :-)

http://www.rockmypixels.com/HTML5/8BitRunner/

(the game is hosted on my blog, so it may take some time to load, don't worry)

Have fun !

And again, thanks to JohnnySix for his amazing musics \o/Albatr2012-09-17 20:02:01
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 pm

No worries! I just played through, I love what you did with the fonts, the game is looking really polished now.

Can't wait to try the new levels!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:15 am

that game is hard..
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations