8BitBoy - v.1.23

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 am

This is the beautifull game. This Like!!!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 am

Simply awesome, very well made! gratz dude
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 am

wow, great game here, such a beautiful job , but i want to ask , how about a loading time ? how long does it take to loaded the game, mate ? Do you use load layout by layout ?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm

[QUOTE=farsmile90] wow, great game here, such a beautiful job , but i want to ask , how about a loading time ? how long does it take to loaded the game, mate ? Do you use load layout by layout ?[/QUOTE]

Thanks

The loading times are very fast - a few seconds per level. I use layout by layout loading.

I also preload all sound effects to avoid lag first time played. I want the game to feel just like a game you installed or played from a diskette.
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:35 pm

[QUOTE=KaMiZoTo] Very old school game. :)

I'm wondering how you will export it to Mac? There's a way?[/QUOTE]

Chrome is available for Mac, PC and Linux :)

But I hope a html5 exe wrapper will be available at some point (not Awesomium - that's just useless atm)
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:05 pm

You did a fantastic job, congratulations!

Anyway, as someone else was saying in a previous post, Steam audience is made mainly by hardcore gamers who might not have the right "sensibility" to appreciate a retro inspired production like yours.
Are you considering also other venues for selling your game?
I just came across this article on gamasutra which may be useful to all of us to start exploring some Steam alternatives:
Where can I sell my Indie PC game?

Cheers and keep it up!
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:24 pm

[QUOTE=lokesen]
But I hope a html5 exe wrapper will be available at some point (not Awesomium - that's just useless atm)[/QUOTE]

So Awesomium didn't work with 8BitBoy?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm

[QUOTE=Cryptwalker] [QUOTE=lokesen]
But I hope a html5 exe wrapper will be available at some point (not Awesomium - that's just useless atm)[/QUOTE]

So Awesomium didn't work with 8BitBoy?[/QUOTE]

Awesomium is very flawed and very very slow. The latest build was actually much worse then the previous version, so I have lost faith in that project completely. I think others have too. But it's just a question of time before there is another wrapper we can use.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks for the link - but 8BitBoy is still just a HTML5 game because there is no working exe wrapper atm. But it's just a matter of time before we have one - I hope.

[QUOTE=roberto] You did a fantastic job, congratulations!

Anyway, as someone else was saying in a previous post, Steam audience is made mainly by hardcore gamers who might not have the right "sensibility" to appreciate a retro inspired production like yours.
Are you considering also other venues for selling your game?
I just came across this article on gamasutra which may be useful to all of us to start exploring some Steam alternatives:
Where can I sell my Indie PC game?

Cheers and keep it up![/QUOTE]
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 pm

From the preview video only,this looks great fun and very well put together,sure it's a mario clone...but that's the point!...it's a hark back to a golden era of video game history,when you could actually be playing a game that your friends are not!,and not feel bad about it...

Which brings me nicely onto the mostly negative,comments on steam...from so called "hard core" gamers...all playing call of drudgery 6,or similar...flaming someone for trying!...how original!!
At least you got up and did something positive...<tips hat>

Most on steam,will be too young to remember the early games...and will not have the memory associated attachment...fair enough...but a game made with passion should be on the top of any "hard core" gamers list.

Well done and don't lose heart..Kick ass!
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations