8Direction Strange Behaviour

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Strange factory themed set of tiles for your platformer game
  • Hi everyone, I'm very new to Construct 2 and only just getting the hang of things. Basically, whenever I apply the 8Direction behaviour to an object and make it move every tick e.g. simulate move left, it all works fine, but then suddenly seems to move in a really odd manner in the same way my character's camera moves... No idea what's going on, tearing my hair out... You can see it in action here with an object that simply goes left (and wraps around the layout). youtu.be/5SZB0Vrz_aQ

Here's a download link to the capx file, with the problem being with level 3 and event sheet 3:

bit.ly/1PJS02N

Many thanks, guys

• You don't have enough rep to link stuff yet so I can't see anything you posted, unfortunately. This is just a guess and I'm probably way off base, but are your camera controls mapped to the arrow keys? If so, you'll want to make sure default controls are turned off on your 8 Direction object's properties, because that's also on the arrow keys. That's the only thing I can think of without seeing anything.

• You don't have enough rep to link stuff yet so I can't see anything you posted, unfortunately. This is just a guess and I'm probably way off base, but are your camera controls mapped to the arrow keys? If so, you'll want to make sure default controls are turned off on your 8 Direction object's properties, because that's also on the arrow keys. That's the only thing I can think of without seeing anything.

Ah damn, I didn't know about the rep thing! Unfortunately I don't think so, as my camera is scrolling to my character, which is using the platform behaviour (and using WASD instead of arrow keys). Is there any other way I could get a video link over to you or download link on here? Thanks for getting back so quick.

• mongoose665

You can bypass the .capx posting restriction by simply inserting an extra character or two, e.g.

ht*tp://*www.mysite.com/mygame.capx
    [/code:ox8qdbr1]
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Have enough rep now, posted links in original post. Realised today that this also applies when I put a platform OR 8direction behaviour on an object other than my character, very very odd, still can't get my head around it and it's pretty much stopped all progress I've made... Ready to give up

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)