99 red balloons ...

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:04 pm

This is very much a work in progress. There is no start or end yet - just a middle.

The back story will be something like ...

The king is having a party - the peasants have released lots of balloons in celebration, unfortunately the king only likes red balloons and it is your job to only allow the red balloons to pass. Pop the pesky non-red balloons with your trusty yo-yo. Score point for every red balloon that passes to the right and for every non-red balloon you pop - loose points for every red balloon you pop and for every non-red that passes to the right.

If you could give it a quick test for game playability and let me know ?

Many thanks,

RPW

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143636437/examples%20for%20web/99%20red%20balloons/index.html
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:09 pm

The first thing that came to mind when seeing the post subject was Nina and '99 Luftballons' :)

Anywho, game seems to work OK with no issues, although you will need to add something to vary the game play or it's likely to be too repetitive.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:11 pm

@RamPackWobble - well, the gameplay works like you wanted, but the quit button did not. I definitely see potential here for some fun. Keep at it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:16 pm

zenox98 wrote:The first thing that came to mind when seeing the post subject was Nina and '99 Luftballons' :)

Anywho, game seems to work OK with no issues, although you will need to add something to vary the game play or it's likely to be too repetitive.

I might be trying to cash in on the song ... :) (I didn't say that ! )

I agree that it could become repetitive all too easily without something else...

Thanks for the comment
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Manley23 wrote:@RamPackWobble - well, the gameplay works like you wanted, but the quit button did not. I definitely see potential here for some fun. Keep at it.

Which browser are you viewing in please ?

B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:19 pm

RamPackWobble wrote:
Manley23 wrote:@RamPackWobble - well, the gameplay works like you wanted, but the quit button did not. I definitely see potential here for some fun. Keep at it.

Which browser are you viewing in please ?

Google Chrome
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:25 pm

@Manley23 - thanks for that. I use chrome 99% of the time and noticed no problems, I did a quick test in IE and that came up with a "the web page is trying to close" dialogue. I will certainly look into it.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

I tried it on Chrome, everything ran well, and the quit button worked for me.

It's a fun concept, but (as already mentioned) it'll need something more to really finish it off. Is there any particular reason you chose to let the yo-yo move independently, rather than allowing the players touch to indicate the yo-yo's direction?

@zenox98, that was my first thought too (I guess that just shows my age)! Anyway, it never hurts to have links to well know connections :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:05 pm

It's certainly different! sure if I was king it would be easier to behead the peasants and ban all but red balloons, but anyways, trusty royal yo yo it is...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention My thoughts on the game...

After another blast, to be honest I'm struggling to enjoy it, even with Nena as backing track!

It's extremely difficult not to catch a red balloon on the back swing negating Your perfect "pop" shot...probably be a good name for the game thinking about it...

Maybe drop the yo yo in favour of a golden, jewel encrusted pea shooter...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests