99.9 ?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:46 am

So when is 99.9 coming ? I've put my game on hold for to wait for the proposed vram unload options.

Also , how is construct going to do that ?
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 am

Construct 99? We're not even at 1.0 yet, that would probably a few thousand years away :lol:

All us developers are in fulltime education, and I'm sure it's true of the others, but I got a lotta work to do for the course. I work on it when I can, but it's done when it's done.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:12 am

this is some legendary portfolio under your belts.

you guys are on your way to creating a legend people will talk for millennia - the day game making became possible for laymens. many kudos.
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:22 am

what about construct (insert Googolplex here)

the name alone would take up more space than the universe according to wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googolplex
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 am

[quote="SkorpioN":32xhjdk1]So when is 99.9 coming ? I've put my game on hold for to wait for the proposed vram unload options.

Also , how is construct going to do that ?[/quote:32xhjdk1]

I know you meant .99
I want it too :D

If it doesn't come out in time you can get creative by loading in your background objects from bitmaps, than forcing the game to close (close and re-execute perhaps?)

I'm trying to avoid doing crazy things like that in my game :shock:
but if I need too, I will I guess...

perhaps you can cut some frames from animation, or flip directions instead of making new ones?

just some ideas :?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 am

That's just what I'm doing for now. I cut the "tween" frames of my action moves, merged subsequent frames , to make a rapid trail like effect, and all . In actionscript , this is easy. I'm now moving to color grading for the anime cutscenes.

Maybe there are some low-level commands in python for Directx to utilize vram in a different way ?
B
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion