A basic Puzzle example (Now it even swaps back!)

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Re 3D Blocks.

"How about you use invisible 2d dummies still, and just set 3d objects to their positions?"

I did what you suggested and created events to spawn a 3D BLOCK on top of the 2D BLOCK.

1, Created a single 3d object.
2, Created 4 textures ( red, green, blue and yellow)
3, Inserted ROJOhounds Texture setter Plugin to give the textures to 3d objects.

EVERYTHING WORKED ! up to event line 250. After that i have no clue how to create and destroy the 3D objects, when the 2d blocks are swapping and spawning ?

The first event is a simple button to trigger the 3D objects creation ( after the randomisation)

B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:54 pm

That's Good, For a Guy who normally don't like this type of games
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:56 am

Any chance we can get this for construct 2? I'm trying to make a similar game and slowly going through it. This tutorial would help me so much. Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 am

Hey Cmurder, I'm currently in the process of making a Construct 2 Match-3 tutorial. The humble beginnings are already available on my blog.

The next part should be done soon. Once I did all three parts I will also put the entire thing up here on scirra.com in the Tutorials section.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Hello Igor

Very nice tutorial. I would like to know how to finish the game. You still want to continue the tutorial on your blog? If not, can I use this tutorial thread in Construct 2? Thank you.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Hey RenatoB,

thanks for the compliment. I'm afraid though I pretty much abandoned that blog, although there are frequent requests to continue the tutorial. It's a very big maybe.

You could try to apply the events of this Construct Classic example to C2, it's what I did at first as well. But to be honest this version feels convoluted to me in many ways. The C2 version just is a lot slicker.

In any case you might also want to take a look at what rexrainbow did with his own plugins in C2:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/match-3-in-hex-board_topic57030.html

Oh and btw, my name isn't Igor :D
That's just from a game I worked on.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files