We haven't really discussed publicly what we'll personally be doing with Construct post 1.0.
Here's our brief plan, in order of what we'll be doing first:
- Full rewrite of the IDE and Runtime, using Visual Studio 2008
[list:507b3oau][*:507b3oau] Create new project files, create clean header files. A lot of code can obviously be reused, but equally we'd like to change some silly things we did.[/*:m:507b3oau]
[*:507b3oau] Use the new MFC UI classes and remove our current library. Microsoft have brought out a set of UI components (Ribbon, property grid, UI) which is slightly better than ours, and we'd like to remove the non open-source components we use.[/*:m:507b3oau]
[*:507b3oau] Implement a Direct-X Event Sheet Editor as we go.[/*:m:507b3oau][/list:u:507b3oau]
- Do a plugin translation system.
- Use Unicode so many other languages can be translated to.
- Pick up the SDL display class a previous user wrote and implement it with OpenGL, to provide an alternative renderer.
- Look for people who can port this to other platforms.