A Coin with Physics kept falling through solid Tilemap

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Shamans coin has suitable for workers who work from home because it has player names that must be played alternately
  • When I was making my game, I gave a Coin a Physics behavior so it would behave in a cool way. But The Problem is that It keeps falling through the ground. The Ground is A Tile Map so it can make it easier for me to make Levels. (Obviously, the TileMap is solid because if it wasn't, the Player would just fall through like the Coin). The only difference between the Coin and Player is that The Player uses The Platformer Behavior and the Coin uses Physics.

HELP!!!

(If you need more Info, just ask. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY Need as much help as I can get to solve this.

• Apply the physics behavior to the ground and set it to not movable. It also needs the pysics behaviour to collide with the coin. A regular solid doesn't work with physics.

• doublepost*

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How do I make it work without Making it Immovable?

Make what work?

Solid doesn't react to physics..

The object should have physics behaviour and preferably if the object is moving, this movement should be done with physics, if the object is static, set it to immovable..

If your ground is moving it won't matter. Set the physics behaviour on the ground as immovable and you can still move it or do whatever you want and it will collide with the coin.

Like this capX:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... ysics.capx

• First off, I can't enter that capX, and second, I want to make it at first, Floating a few pixels in the air then, if gotten hit by, would fall over.

• Also, by "make it work", I mean making it not fall through the ground.

• Also, by "make it work", I mean making it not fall through the ground.

It's as simple as this:

Give the ground physics behaviour and set it to immovable..

If you want the ground to fall too, don't set it to immovable..

• Okay, I'll try it later and tell you the results.

• Apply the physics behavior to the ground and set it to not movable. It also needs the pysics behaviour to collide with the coin. A regular solid doesn't work with physics.

I thought you meant there was to set the Coin itself to immovable. I was kinda Sleepy when I read it.

• Yeah, game making is not easy when the brain is tired So you got it to work?

I have the exact same problem , but my tilesheet has physics set to immovable and so does the rock and it fall through. it doesn't fall through sprites, just through the tilemap

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)