A discussion about C2

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:35 am

i don't have much of requests but here are 2 of them:
-making the sprite editor a bit more powerful, i know photoshop and GIMP already exist but wouldn't it be better if everything the developer wants is available in a single package.

-this one could sound a bit absurd but.....a logo change?? i mean the current logo is a cog , game maker's logo is also a cog, stencyl logo is also a sort of cog. I know, when you think of game development tools you first think of hammers, cogs etc. but it will be better if we change it to something else, maybe a small competition for making the best logo??( mary jane would probably win :) )
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:19 am

[quote="abhilash2863":1z9rf8hj]
-this one could sound a bit absurd but.....a logo change?? i mean the current logo is a cog , game maker's logo is also a cog, stencyl logo is also a sort of cog. I know, when you think of game development tools you first think of hammers, cogs etc. but it will be better if we change it to something else, maybe a small competition for making the best logo??( mary jane would probably win :) )[/quote:1z9rf8hj]

Chronologically Construct had the cog first I believe.
Then again that's probably a good reason to change it. :P

Also nb4 Drule
Proper screen resolution support.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 pm

I'd love to see cap files replaced with something along the lines of an IDE style project folder. The general project info would be in an XML file (settings, lists of objects & plugins, etc.). Everything else would be pushed out into sub-folders (images, music, data, layouts, events, scripts, etc.).

C2 could then have a function to bundle entire project folders into zip based caps for sharing, but still giving teams the ability to collaborate on project using CVS systems. Event sheets, layouts, object settings and families could all be created using XML files, meaning you could even make small changes to projects using notepad.

Unity3D has something like this, whereby dropping a file into a project folder immediately makes it available in the IDE. A really nice system, IMHO.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 pm

That's a nice plan, GMG, and has been discussed before. That's definitely on the cards.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Having events compiled into C++ in advance rather than interpreted at runtime.

Also, I second (or third?) the better image editor. I'd do most stuff in Photoshop, but I'd hate to have to use Photoshop for some simple changes to an image which could easily be done in the image editor. Some stuff is really hard to do with the image editor right now.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Change amount of frames of animations at runtime. Some programs draw and make the animations at runtime.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:52 pm

How about Python?
Its a bit hazy if it will get it or not, but given all the recent cool stuff, I'd say its a gotta have.
But, one thing I'm wondering is if it would be possible to use Python graphic commands in the C2 window?

There are literally thousands of libs/modules out there, many of which have some draw functions we cant use. It would be awesome if we had access to those.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 am

[quote="Mr Wolf":3efehax2]Because keeping everything in a single .exe is bad.[/quote:3efehax2]Why is that?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:20 am

[quote="newt":3rdljle2]How about Python?
Its a bit hazy if it will get it or not, but given all the recent cool stuff, I'd say its a gotta have.[/quote:3rdljle2]

I totally second this. Python is a great complement to Construct. Plus it allows people to get a flavor of programming they may not have tried otherwise. Python libraries are so widespread that it greatly increases what people can do.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:57 am

Thing about python is its not professional and people will refuse to play a game that makes you DL python (assuming it requires that installed) or uses it. Happens all the time... But since people here are probably just trying to get a game done they probably won't care much about that factor. I believe that if the game is good enough tho, people will get over it.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion