Hi. I found Construct a few weeks ago on another forum and I decided to try it out. I'm currently working on a small zombie game and I've run into some snags.
Here's the cap: carnage.cap
1. How would I set an object to no longer be solid? In my game, my zombies were originally set to be solid objects, so the player couldn't walk over them. When the zombies "died," however, they were still solid and the player couldn't walk over them. I tried moving the "dead" zombies to another layer, but that didn't work.
Also, while solid, my zombies kept pushing the player in the direction they were headed. How do I make them stop and "attack" the player when near him, and then start walking again when the player moves away?
2. When a zombie is shot it creates a "blood" sprite that overlaps it. How do I spawn the blood sprite behind the zombie? Setting "blood: Place behind zombie" (which I've done twice) doesn't work. I think I got this to work once before, but I screwed up somewhere and forgot how to do it again.
3. The kills counter (as well as the TotalZombies counter, I suppose) doesn't work because of the way I have the zombies' "death" set up: First I change their sprite, and then I have them fade out and deleted from play. This, however, causes the kill counter to increase repeatedly while the current zombie still exists. Is there a way I can make this action only happen once?
4. I plan on adding more kinds of monsters (and possibly weapons) to the game, but I don't want to do all my events over again. Is there a way to have one event affect different objects the same way?
5. In a different version of the game, I had both DirectSound and MOD objects (for gunshots and music, respectively). Whenever I played the gunshot sound while the music was playing, it screwed up the music. Is there a way I can stop that, or should I just use MP3s instead?
Thanks for the help.