A few serious problems that could use your votes/support!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:30 pm

There are a few serious problems involving third parties which are currently hampering development of Construct 2 desktop games.

I'm sure I speak for all the desktop developers when I say we'd be thrilled if you could spend a moment of your time and help bring attention to these issues.

1. NW.js does not work on mac and linux for large projects
Yep, that's right, the latest versions of NW.js have a bug that prevents projects with lots of images (so, any big project) from running on mac and linux. While 10.5 still works, there are unfortunately a lot of other problems with 10.5 and bugfixes for version 10.5 aren't going to happen.

To help out with this issue, leave a comment (or, if you're feeling generous, a bounty) here.

2. Chrome runs like absolute rubbish below 60fps
For some reason, any time a C2 game dips below 60fps in Chrome, bad things start happening. 59fps is literally unplayable in a fast-paced action game like Airscape.
This may or may not be more of an issue on fillrate intensive games, more testing needs to be done here.
If this issue was fixed it would bring an 100% increase in effective performance in C2 games, as anything from 30-60fps should be perfectly playable.

To help out with this issue, star/comment on the chrome bug report here.

Again, thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated.
Daniel
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I star'd and commented on that Chrome issue. *bump* Hoping this can all be sorted soon. Better Chromium also means better Crosswalk, yes? Or am I mixed up?
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Also starred.

I seriously hope this gets sorted. I am about to port all my games to unity as this is bollocks.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:58 pm

DUTOIT wrote:Also starred.

I seriously hope this gets sorted. I am about to port all my games to unity as this is bollocks.

+1 for the starring and +1 for learning Unity as a backup plan.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Colludium wrote:+1 for learning Unity as a backup plan.

yip - game institute course
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 am

I agree that when even the html5 export cannot work reliably, we have an issue, also I am slightly worried that chrome will break our content in the future, Sure, we can update our games with a newer C2 if a breaking change happens, but the web will be there for a longer time than C2 itself so at one point, currently they seem to choose the "we ditch useless things", that is also a real issue with native technology it seems as a lot of my games cannot work properly anymore without a patch, and since the web seems to evolve at a faster pace I am unsure about the stability long term wise Across browsers (even with new browsers that may just appear).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Starred the one about chrome.
There's another issue to star: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... ?id=424174
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm still using 10.5. I'll update it if they ever get it sorted. All I ever hear is bad stuff.

I'm really sad that this is the only option we have for a pc export. There are no backups or alternatives. I am just going to have to hope for the best when my project is done in a few months.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 03, 2015 8:23 am

Thanks for your support, everyone! Keep it up!
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 03, 2015 7:01 pm

Aphrodite wrote:I agree that when even the html5 export cannot work reliably, we have an issue, also I am slightly worried that chrome will break our content in the future, Sure, we can update our games with a newer C2 if a breaking change happens, but the web will be there for a longer time than C2 itself so at one point, currently they seem to choose the "we ditch useless things", that is also a real issue with native technology it seems as a lot of my games cannot work properly anymore without a patch, and since the web seems to evolve at a faster pace I am unsure about the stability long term wise Across browsers (even with new browsers that may just appear).

C2's bad performance, unreliability, and this crap is exactly why I'm switching to GameMaker Studio when I finish my game.

Unlike C2 it compiles it's GML to C++ (and if you have YYC, then directly to Machine Code) so performance and stability is completely up to your skill and efficiency.

Thus I wait for a summer sale or until GMS2 comes out. Then it's adios C2 and your problem riddled everything.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General