a game to learn change return

For educators around the world who use Construct 2 in classrooms

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:30 am

For my classroom I make a game to practice change return to custumer.
It's a beta version. I juste want feedback to optimize it.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... time-10524

Thanks for testing.
Is it possible to make mathematics games that are addictive. I hope...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 am

It's quite good. What me bothered a little bit is the arrangement of the display of the money on the right side. If I look to the right side I have the refocus on the area where I can place the money, it's a litte bit distracting. This applied also for the Validar- and Effacer-Buttons. I cant give a advice for a better arrangement, because I don't now either. :)

And Maybe it's a little more challenging it would be more like a game? You could give somethings like Stars or Medals depending on time the player took, but this is up to you.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks for your feedback. I will test it today on a classroom. I will see if the arragement of the area is ok.

But for the challanging I'm agree with you. That's why I wrote that's a beta version. It's just 2 hours of work.

If you have other thing to reply, it will be very important for me.

Thanks for writing !
Is it possible to make mathematics games that are addictive. I hope...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:10 am

mathsciences35 wrote:Thanks for your feedback. I will test it today on a classroom. I will see if the arragement of the area is ok.

That will be the best idea, maybe it's only me.

But for the challanging I'm agree with you. That's why I wrote that's a beta version. It's just 2 hours of work.

For two hours work it's really good.
If it should be more like a game I would do levels. Maybe in the first levels only whole sums and a level consist of only a few runs after another. Higher levels all kind of sums more runs. Maybe a time limit in higher levels? Bonus for the lowest numbers of notes and coins as change? Some kind of achievements like stars or medals? A High-score list could be something very motivating.
B
S
G

Return to Education and Construct 2